Stage two: You Made The Cut

"Girl, I've texted you and called you a dozen of times last night! You didn't have the decency to answer your best friend? And another thing... woah, what happened to you?"Makomo asked when she finally noticed Nezuko's atrocious state.

Makomo lopped herself next to her friend, with heavy concern, and gently shook her awake. Nezuko woke up with a jolt before her eyes widened at Makomo. Makomo took her things out to prepare for class, so her friend could collect herself for a moment.

"What happened?" Makomo asked, with a tone of no beating around the bush.

"I've totally flunked the audition, Makomo ! It's over, I don't think I can show my face ever again after I..." Nezuko blushed when she reminisced that mortifying memory.

"After you what?" Makomo pressed excessively.

Nezuko roaned out loud. She beckoned Makomo to come closer to her, so she could whisper it in her ear. The moment Nezuko spilled the 411; Makomo squealed giddily like an animated fan girl. Nezuko looked at her friend like she had lost her mind. Some of the other classmates stared at Makomo and Nezuko in heavy bemusement.

"Girl, I didn't know you had it in you! I am so proud of calling you my best friend!" Makomo exclaimed jubilantly before she pulled her in a tight hug.

"What. Are. You. Talking. About?" Nezuko bellowed out of breath.

Makomo ulled away from her and stared at Nezuko like she was the crazy one. Makomo shook her like a rag doll.

"Girl, you kissed Muichiro Tokiti. You've got some balls," Makomo whispered loudly.

"Yeah, but it was highly inappropriate for me to kiss him," Nezuko said shyly.

"Sure, and him being pressured to kiss you doesn't count as inappropriate at all," Makomo remarked sarcastically while she rolled her eyes.

"What did Mr. Tokito or Muichiro say?" Makomo inquired in curiosity as she finally gave Nezuko her personal space.

"I may have bolted out before I could hear their reply," Nezuko replied in a guilty voice.

Makomo ace palmed herself at Nezuko's answer. "Nezuko , I love you, but you're hopeless," Nezuko sighed at Makomo's declaration.

"It doesn't matter now, it's over and done with. I'll end up being one of those cat ladies because I'll never be available to kiss anyone ever again!" Nezuko banged her head against the table.

"Oh sweetie, everything will be okay, you're just being dramatic. Who knows, you might get a call back?" Makomo added optimistically.

Nezuko smiled at that. "Maybe you're right..." Their teacher, Lady Kocho, walked in before Nezuko could finish her sentence.

Lady Kocho held a stack of papers. She blew a stubborn, black to purple side bang away from her light-skinned face as she put the stack of papers on her desk. Lady Kocho smiled at her students when they gave her their divine attention.

"Alright class, I hope you had a good weekend. Please take out your poetry homework-" A knock on her door stopped her from her train of thought.

"I wonder who that could be?" She asked herself with a frown.

When Lady Kocho stepped out of the classroom; mostly everyone got their electronics out. Makomo played with her phone, looking at tabloids, while Nezuko doodled in her sketchbook.

"Ummm.... Nezuko ," Makomo said hesitantly.

"What?" Nezuko asked in a daze.

"You may want to check this out," Nezuko's eyes widened at her when she read the article and saw her auditioned photo.