text messages

the moment you stepped into your house, your phone suddenly beeped a ridiculous amount of times, almost forming a symphony. since you were broke, your mobile data was extremely limited and hence you decided to turn off your mobile data outside. (this is me 😭😭)

"which maniac texted me 79 messages in the short span of 5 minutes?" you rub your temples, knowing damned well you only knew one person who was feral enough to do that. sure enough, when you turned on your phone, your phone screen lit up and the first thing that popped up was:

unknown number:
scaramouche here
yo
reply
bro
stop leaving me on read
ik I'm so attractive ur stunned
but
reply
...
V- jump to latest messages

you really couldn't be bothered to scroll through all of his childish rants, so you simply skipped to the last few.

unknown number:
umm r u gonna respond or
UGH
u know I'm literally texting you
69 messages
lol funny number
just for u to reply
and you ungrateful brat
not replying me???
if u don't respond in 30 seconds I'm taking it as ur going on a date with me
OKAY 30 SECONDS UP!
ur so going on a date with me
lol
ok so tmr 7pm at the restaurant near schl!!
see you ❤️

the fact was, when scaramouche sent that heart emoji, he was cringing so hard he almost wanted to gag. the only reason he didn't stop himself instantly and throw his phone across the room in disgust was because he decided it would be worth it when he saw her heartbroken face. "she'll totally be head over heels for me now." he says with confidence.

surprise surprise, when you saw the texts you just froze, before throwing your phone onto the sofa and simply sitting down.

"what the fuck." you muttered, still shaken from the earlier traumatizing message you just saw before your eyes.

"she's so in love with me!" scaramouche assured himself once again, smirking at his delusional daydreams of what tomorrow that girl would do to him when he got to the restaurant. chase him like a lost puppy? practically beg him? oho, this would be interesting.

"oh my god scaramouche has officially made me want to never ever ever even speak to him again."

the next day was well... excruciating. it was a weekend, and you would usually just sit in your room and sing to some chase Atlantic song like there was no tomorrow. however, all you could actually think about was how you were supposed to be obliged to take time out of your precious day to go to some restaurant with the greatest douchebag of all time.

with a sigh, you got up from the comfort of your soft bed. "ugh... i know! ill just go there and crush all his hopes about me ever liking him. then he'll leave me alone forever! it'll be worth it..." you reassured yourself, smiling.

but before that, just a silly detail he probably wouldnt ever notice.

unknown number:
umm r u gonna respond or
UGH
u know I'm literally texting you
69 messages
lol funny number
just for u to reply
and you ungrateful brat
not replying me???
if u don't respond in 30 seconds I'm taking it as ur going on a date with me
OKAY 30 SECONDS UP!
ur so going on a date with me
lol
ok so tmr 7pm at the restaurant near schl!!
see you ❤️

unknown number has been renamed to scaradouche

scaradouche:
DONT FUCKING THINK I DIDNT SEE THAT U BITCH. IM SO FED UP WITH YOU JUST DIE IN A DITCH
oh lol that rhymed

when you did see what he typed, you just sighed yet again.

"so. he not only has no common sense in love whatsoever, but hes also a douchebag, rude, self-entitled, two-faced, an idiot and he has 5th grader humour? give me a break."

how unlucky you were.

how did the girls in your school fall for him again? you didn't even know at that point.

and with that, you flopped onto your bed once again, tired of the events that had unfolded, and tired of scaramouche in general.