invitations

"will you go to prom with me?" "can you be my date for prom?" girls practically swarmed scaramouche as he was bombarded with prom date requests, yet all their endeavours were in vain. he wasn't listening to any of them, looking away in frustration. after all, the girl he wanted to hear those words from was not one in the crowd. craning his neck to scan his surroundings, looking for that girl... 

and there you were. opening your locker and taking out your books as you always did. he wondered, who would you go to prom with? it was possible with your personality that you decided not to go once and for all, but he didn't want to entertain that idea too much. yet the moment his thoughts drifted off to you going with someone else, he ultimately forced himself to stop. he was an idiot. a fool. he was probably going insane. 

"yo, comrade!" scaramouche spun. he knew that voice. the ginger. that insufferable boy who was taller than him. he assumed the boy would talk to him, but the taller male simply walked past him and to you. 

"wanna go to prom with me?" childe asked loudly, grinning cheekily at you. "excuse me what?" you whisper-shouted, your eyes wide in shock. puzzled, you gazed at him, waiting for an explanation. 

"shh, you'll understand later. pleaseee? i have a really really good reason, i swear! ill even pay you 300 dollars." he whispered. your eyes nearly popped out. 300 dollars to go to prom? hell, you were broke. you'd do a hell lot of crazy stuff for even a 10 dollar bill. so you nodded. you didn't even care what his reason was anymore. "wait. if we go to prom together, no kissing, right?" you asked just to make sure, and he nodded. "promise, no kissing. you just have to dance with me once. that's allll I'm asking for." 

it seemed too good to be true. yet you nodded. with gusto. 

childe pumped his fist in the air, smiling widely. "great! thanks comrade." and then, he yelled, "none of you come to ask [name] out, I'm her date," which admittedly gave you a shock. 

it gave the indigo-haired boy a bigger shock. 

the shorter male in comparison swallowed hard, and looked away.

smirking slyly, childe called out across the room to scaramouche. "hey! who are you going to prom with? i have a good date this year." scaramouche simply exhaled. "oh? lucky you. i wonder who your date is." rolling his eyes, he walked away.

"what in the actual holiest of fucks is going on?" you verbally expressed your confusion, your mind still struggling to process the series of events that had just occurred. to which a certain male leaned over you, whispering. "you'll find out soon, comrade. you'll thank me soon." 

huh. weird.