the step by step guide on how to get someone's attention

the next day, at school, your mood surprisingly wasn't the worst. the dinner date with him wasn't that bad. the food was delectable. you dressed nice for yourself. it all worked out. you were queueing for your favourite food in the canteen during break, and nothing could go wrong.

perhaps you'd never have to hear from that two-faced idiot ever-

"hey, [nickname]!" a familiar voice called out, and your shoulders slumped in dismay. speak of the devil.

"what is it now- oh? Ms. Nahida, good morning," you bowed quickly, seeing the female teacher next to the boy. "good morning, [name]! I'm sure you two have met? so essentially, he's been... getting into trouble, and as his aunt, I ought to try to help him. could you try to be his friend so you can hopefully positively influence him?if it's too much trouble, I could always pay you," she pleaded, clasping her hands together as she smiled softly, yet apologetically at the same time.

"y-yes ms. nahida," you replied, bowing. ms.nahida was someone you knew and respected, and how the gremlin and her were related in any way was truly a mystery. either way, you couldn't really refuse.

and money was in the question here.

perhaps you could put up with the douchebag for some money?

it was certainly stupid, but for the rest of break he followed you around, tormenting you with endless questions to the point where you just slammed a hand on his mouth, telling him to shut the fuck up and you just left.

"[nickname], are you always this cruel? what does a poor boy have to do to get your attention?" he sighed, picking at his fingernails as he sat across you at the lunch table.

"for starters, stop calling me that. secondly, you don't. the only males I socialise with at school are the ones I meet during my duties."

well, his eyes lit up, as he leaned his head on both his hands, grinning like the cat who got the cream.

uh-oh.

guess what? for the next few days, the name 'scaramouche' kept appearing in the black list. "scaramouche got into a fight, scaramouche stole something, and now scaramouche vandalised something?" you groan internally, staring into space and waiting for your next course of action. ugh, but you promised nahida...

when the familiar indigo-haired boy sat down in front of you in the office, you could only sigh. "hey [nickname]! say, what's my punishment for today?" he asks cheekily, placing one hand under his chin.

it was silly. and you intended to put an end to it. "scaramouche, mind telling me why you're suddenly doing all these useless shenanigans?" you scoff in exasperation. a dry laugh escapes him, as he smirks. "isn't it obvious, my dear vice-head prefect? you said you don't socialise with people other than those whom you're involved with? now I'm involved with you."

"I promised your aunt I would make sure you didn't get into mischief, did I not? so do me a favour, dear scaramouche and stop."

"I could get used to you calling me dear. say, I'll stop if you voluntarily spend time with me whenever I ask!" he suggested in a sly tone.

"fine then!"

"for starters, go on a date with me tomorrow!"

"I have midterms soon. I'm going to be studying at the library," you replied coldly, trying to deter him from pursuing the matter any longer.

"then it'll be a study date!"

you simply groaned, slamming your head into the desk and wallowing in self despair.