Part 8- Flatline

Calum's POV

I hang just around the corner listening to her sing as if she's alone for just a moment longer. Even though she's tired and her voice is raspy it's still one of the most beautiful I've heard. The Clifford's voices have always reminded me of angels.
She Looks So Perfect. She always loved that one.

Ever since I can remember she's always sung while she worked. She said it helps her keep herself organized, but she's constantly distracted regardless.
"Good morning." I call over her song.
She cranes her neck to see me over her shoulder, "you're up early."
"I was having a weird dream."
She sighs, "me too."

"You seem lively this morning." I comment noticing her bright demeanor.
She shakes an almost comically large bottle of ibuprofen at me, "You want some too?"
"No, but I will take some coffee."

I reach around her to grab a mug drying next to the sink and her eyes follow me.
I rest my hand on the counter next to her and cock my eyebrow at her, "what?"
"Huh? Nothing." She clears her throat and looks down to her feet, "do you just not get hungover or something?"
I shrug, "rarely."
She rolls her eyes and scoffs, "Not fair."

"Thanks for taking care of me last night." I mutter.
She chuckles, "you were absolutely legless mate."
I smile. You reminds me of home.
She leans back against the counter and her eyes finally drag back up to meet mine, "What?"
"Nothing."

Olivia Rose's POV

My heart races with the acute awareness of his arm blocking me in on one side.
I clear my throat, "you should probably text the boys so they know you didn't drown in a toilet or something."
He chuckles and his hand brushes my arm as he brings it up to run through his hair, "They're probably not up yet, but I'll message them."

My phone buzzes on the counter and I duck under Calum's arm to grab it off the adjacent counter.
"Speaking of the devil." I mutter.
Calum glances over my shoulder at my phone, "Ash?"
I nod and lightly scoff, "He went home with Eve last night, and wants to know how upset Im going to be when I see him on a scale of 1-10."
Calum laughs, "He knows he's dead."
I shrug, "To be honest, Eve is just as bad as he is."
"You've got your hands full with those two."
I roll my eyes, "I got my hands full with the lot of you."

Calum stretches lazily, "I'm going to go back to the hotel and see what Mikey and Luke are up to."
"Alright, I'll leave the door unlocked in case you realize they're miserable and decide to come back."
He chuckles, "Always the optimist."

Calum's POV

I flip on the lights and Luke groans, "How did you get in here?"
"Used my devilishly good looks to get the person at the front desk to give me a key."
"You're so full of s***." Luke whines, "Go home with a pretty girl last night?"
"I went home with Olivia Rose."
His eyes pop open, "Olivia Rose Clifford?"
"Not like that." I add quickly.
"You almost gave me a f***ing heart attack."

"You up for anything today?" I ask him changing the subject.
"No, I want to stay in bed and contemplate my life choices leading up to last night."
"Alright, I might go back to Sunflower's then."
His eyes narrow ever so slightly at me, "Are you sure there's nothing going on."
I roll my eyes, "Please, do you really think she would go for me? I mean come on mate."
He doesn't say anything, he just lets out a small 'hm' and puts his head back on the pillow.

Olivia Rose's POV

"Morning Livia." Tristin says pouring himself a cup of coffee.
"Morning." I reply instinctively.
"Where's Calum?"
"The hotel."
"I could've sworn I heard him earlier."
I nod, "He stayed last night."

Tristin scoffs.
I furrow my brow, "What?"
"Just friends my a**."
"What?" I say in surprise.
"Friends don't have little sleepover, cuddle, and sit that close to each other."
I shrug and feel my cheeks heat up, "It's not like that."
"It will be." He assures me.
I roll my eyes, "Please, do you really think he would go for me? I mean come on mate."
"Livia, I don't know who has to tell you this, but you're hot."
"Thanks Tris. What a hype man." I kid.