Part 11- Heartbreak Girl

Calum's POV
2003

"Please mum?" I beg.
She sighs, "Can't I take you tomorrow?"
"No, I wanna go today." It has to be today. She's there on Saturdays.
Mum shakes her head, "If Mali-Koa take you, you can go without me. I don't want you to go by yourself."

I scamper off and find Mali-Koa in her room scribbling lyrics in her notebook like she always does.
"Can you please take me to the park?" I beg
"I'm busy."
"You're always busy. Just today and I'll leave you alone for 100 hours."
She narrows her eyes at me, "100 hours?"
I shrug, "that's like...the longest time ever."
She lets out a long sigh, "fine, we can go, but just for a little."

~~~~

I quickly look around the playground and spot her on the swings. Her hair is tied up in pigtails and her shirt is it's usual shade of yellow.
I trot over to her.
"Hey sunflower girl do you want someone to push you?"
She rolls her eyes, "I have a name you know."
"But you look like a sunflower."
She shrugs, "Sunflowers are pretty."
I nod in agreement.
"You can push me but I want to go really high." She agrees, content with the answer.

I take a running start and push her really hard. She laughs as the swing goes high. After a few swings back and forth she jumps off and lands in the sandbox across the way.
"Did you see how far I went?" She asks me.
"Like a million kilometers."
"Your turn." She say stopping the swing for me to get on.

"I'm Cal." I tell her.
"I'm Livie Rose."

Present day

Olivia Rose tries to cover Luke's eyes while he tries to grab her controller.
"You're cheating!" Olivia Rose shouts.
"You're cheating!" Luke fires back.
Ashton shakes his head, "I'm just surprised you still have that Just Dance."
"I'm surprised you're still so bad at it." Luke adds.
I laugh.
Tristin shakes his head, "this is the first time I've ever even seen her play."

She glares at him, "Maybe it's because my talent goes so unappreciated here."
"Talent?" Tristin repeats, "Y'know when they say dance like nobody is watching this isn't what they meant."
"I wish I wasn't watching." Ashton adds.
"Wow, looks like some people are in the market for a new best mate." She shakes her head, "I'm being personally attacked."
"A new best mate?" Ashton repeats, "Luke, are we not best mates anymore?"
"I'm leaving.", Olivia Rose says dramatically slipping on a pair of converse.
I laugh knowing she'll just close the door and wait outside for a minute before coming back in.

Olivia Rose throws open the door, careful to make a spectacle and I see Michael standing on the other side, prepped to knock on the door.
Olivia Rose's demeanor shifts, "Mikey, you came."
"Y'know I think only twins are supposed to have telepathy, Liv."
Olivia Rose rolls her eyes and gestures him inside.

Olivia Rose's POV
2003

"Liv, Liv, Liv." Evelyn chirps.
"What?" I ask without looking up at her.
"I made a new friend, you gotta come meet him."
"I'm playing tea party right now." I argue.
"With sand?" Evelyn says eying up our cups.
I shrug, "It's Bri's game."
"Pretty please with a cherry on top?" She begs.
I sigh, relenting, "Where is he?"
"By the swings."
I squint at the boy in the distance, "Is he in a different class?"
She nods.
"Fine" I concede.

She drags me over to the swing set and I see the boy I met at the park a couple weeks ago.
I smile, "Cal."
"Sunflower, didn't know you were friends with Eve." He says happily.
I nod, "She's my second best mate."
Evelyn glares at me, "Second best?"
"Obviously Luke is my best mate in the whole wide world."
"He's weird." She says glancing over at the blond boy playing tea party in the sand.
"Well good thing he's not your mate then."

"Can we play now?" Calum asks interrupting.
"I'll race you guys to the sandbox." I challenge.
"You can't beat me." Evelyn argues.
Calum smiles and takes off ahead of us.
"Hey, no fair!" Evelyn yells dashing after him.

Present day

"Go home with a pretty girl last night?" Michael asks Calum.
"Nah, he didn't go home with a pretty girl. He just went home with Livie Rose." Ashton answers
I spin to face Ashton on the couch next to me, "I swear Ash, I'm going to murder you and leave your body out in the open for police to find."
Ashton's eyes widen, "Yeah, he didn't go home with a pretty girl. He went home with the prettiest girl."
I huff, "that's what I thought."
"Pick me behavior." Tristin kids.
"I'm just not like the other girls." I joke back.

I glance over at Michael huddled next to Luke on the couch. Does he even sit that close to Crystal?
"I booked the flight for Friday." Michael tells the group.
My heart drops. My dream life comes to a screeching halt right in front of my eyes. They're leaving me again. It's not that I didn't know, didn't expect it, I did. Today has been so perfect I almost thought it could go on.
Calum shoots me a look, it seems he's thinking the same as me.

Ashton looks at me, "You sure you don't want to come Livie?"
I shake my head, "I can't, it'd be crazy to leave what I have. I can't intrude on my brother's life, your lives."
Calum's face drops, but he doesn't say anything.
"You wouldn't be intruding. We're better with you around." Luke insists, "Who else would try to stop us from releasing songs like Heartbreak Girl?"
I laugh, "Tempting."
"The offer is always open. We love you." Ashton says genuinely.
"Wow, that's the first time you've told me you loved me."
Ashton smiles, "And the last."