09 Love

"I'm sorry, V," she heard Goro's soft whisper from above her. "I wish things were different. Your whole life is upside down because of one mistake, one betrayal. You do not deserve this."

"Let's not... Let's forget all this mess for now, okay?" She grunted into her palms and rubbed her eyes. "The pill's working. You've made some valid points, but let me sort out my choices when you're not around."

"Are you scared I will influence you?" He lifted one eyebrow at her when she looked up.

"That too, but we're wasting precious time," she sighed. "I invited you over to spend quality time with you, not to discuss who's gonna be the end of me. I don't need both of you massaging my brain until it fits into your plans."

Goro put his hands up in a signal of surrender.

"That is not what I meant to do," he lowered his head. "I am taking a risk, too, and it is not just my heart that could suffer if he manages to break or overwrite you. I want to protect you, V. You and your future, not his. He does not have the slightest claim to the space he is occupying right now, and I hate knowing how relentlessly he is working on taking it over. You make a lot more sense to me now, and I am worried. That's all."

V felt the burning of tears once more at the warm tone of his voice and the heft of his concern.

He was right. He had a lot to lose in this, too—but unlike Johnny, he wasn't trapped in someone else's head and in an immediate danger of vanishing into nothingness. He could always move elsewhere, start over. It would be painful and tough, but his situation wasn't fatal. He still had options.

He was the one she had more reason to trust. And since he was also the one she was in love with, the choice was clear.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him slowly. She had no way of knowing for sure if he was genuine, but just admitting to herself that she felt so strongly about him gave her courage to believe. Love was worth risking your life for.

If she ended up betrayed, at least she wouldn't suffer the pain of heartbreak for long before her mind was lost forever. The thought was somewhat comforting now.

"Stay as awesome as you've been so far, Goro," she said quietly, watching his eyes from a very close distance, "and I don't think you'll ever have to worry about him."

He pulled her flush to his chest and closed her in a crushing embrace. V chuckled quietly and just held onto him for as long as felt comfortable.

Which was a long time. They sat in silence, trying to breathe each other in, until she was sore.

"V," he whispered in her ear before they finally let go. "Are you feeling alright now?"

She smiled and nodded. "Great, actually."

"Then," he paused, glancing at their joined hands for a second, "I only have one request for tonight."

She levered her eyebrows in a silent question. He held her head in his palms and caressed her temples, studying her face with tender eyes.

"Let's not 'fuck' anyone's brains out anymore."

V's snorted. What a weird request from someone who had just convinced her that he really wanted her.

"What do we do, then, have a slumber party?" She nipped.

"No," he smirked, shaking his head. "Let me show you what I had in mind for us," he rasped softly. "Let me make love to you. The way you deserve."

Her breath hitched and it wasn't arousal that nearly choked her. She looked him in the eyes and kissed him slowly, wordlessly accepting.

With a strange feeling of doing something familiar for the very first time, she let him set the speed and tone. He joined her on the bed, pulled her on his lap and embraced her. Surrounding her body with his like that, he made her feel unusually secure, yet very vulnerable.

She fought her own instincts to allow him such access to everything that she was. He was goading her out of her shell like a skittish wild animal. His fingers were relaxing her tension with a massage of her scalp, his lips untying knots on her nerves by tasting her mouth.

Her fears and insecurities were slowly pushed out of her body, leaving only warmth and comfort. She felt loved and cared for, and she was getting used to it faster than seemed wise.

He gently entered her just as they were—cradling her body in his lap. His hypnotizing gaze followed her eyes with every move and she felt like she was drowning in the pearly white. She wanted to stay like this forever, but in the back of her mind she knew it was already slipping out of her grasp.

She weaved her fingers in his hair and held onto him, moving her hips slowly, in rhythm with his. It had seemed impossible to her to get anywhere at this pace, but she could already feel tingling deep in her core. All Goro's attention combined was stronger than any one-sided stimulation she'd ever experienced.

Her hips sped up without her realizing it. It wasn't until he spoke up that she noticed the automatic reaction of her own body.

"This is not a race, V," he whispered into her ear, raking her hair. His voice was raspier than usual and he was short on breath just like her.

"But I'm almost there," she argued softly. "And you seem to be, too."

"Yes," he kissed the edge of her jaw. "But I'm in no hurry for this to end. Are you?"

V could only chuckle. He was right. Where was she rushing to, anyway?

Forcing herself to slow down, she tried to focus on other things: like Goro. On his soft lips peppering her face with the sweetest kisses, on his strong arms holding her like the most precious treasure, on his eyes, so warm as if wordlessly telling her that she was important to him.

Feeling the unspoken love, she almost wanted to cry. Slowly, the emotional overload transformed... into something indescribable.

The explosions wiping out her consciousness twice before were nothing compared to what was happening now. The orgasm had none of the early warning signs she was used to. Her ecstasy was growing so gradually, inconspicuously, that the peak hit her with its full force out of the blue.

She didn't scream this time. She whimpered and cried and laughed like a lunatic. She couldn't tell what exactly she felt—there was so much of it and all mindblowingly beautiful.

Secure in his arms, she wasn't falling anywhere this time. Still completely in control of her body, she simply wrapped herself tight around his torso and smothered him in her embrace. She wanted to blend into him, so nothing could ever separate them.

Blissfully exhausted, they toppled over and lay on the bed, still holding each other close. V didn't even see it coming; sleep jumped at her from the shadows and filled her dreams with good things, for once.

________________________________________

Thank you for any love you decide to leave ♥