The Wrong Jedi

Ochako watched as the proceedings went on. The evidence looked absolutely terrible. As Hizoshi explained, the evidence, without the actual perpetrator, made Ahsoka look as guilty as sin. It was, ultimately, Ahsoka's word against holographic footage.

The Jury had made their decision, and had given their results to Mas Amedda, Speaker of the Senate. Basically the second in command of the Senate, he handed the results to the elderly man. Who viewed the small data chip, and the contents it showed, before proclaiming, "Ahsoka Tano, by an overwhelming count of..."

It was at this moment where Anakin Skywalker, with four Temple guards escorting a handcuffed alien girl, opened the back door, and shouted, "Chancellor!"

All eyes immediately moved to the Jedi Knight. Palpatine immediately asked, "I hope you have a reason for bursting into our proceedings, Master Skywalker."

What he said next elated the two earthlings, "I have evidence and a confession, from the person responsible for all the crimes Ahsoka has been accused of. BARISS OFFEE, member of the Jedi Order... and traitor!"

At first, Hizoshi and Ochako were happy that this meant Ahsoka, their friend, got off scot free

At first, Hizoshi and Ochako were happy that this meant Ahsoka, their friend, got off scot free... until they saw the Togrutan's face. She was shocked, with betrayal painted all over it. That made Hizoshi remember... The phone call the ex padawan made was to the only person she could reasonably trust... and it turned out that they were the one responsible for all her troubles in the past few days.

Ahoska, looking directly at her former friend, asked, hoping this wasn't true. "Bariss, is that true?"

Anakin, darkly, pointed up to the Chancellor, and told the perpetrator, "Tell them the truth." She glanced at the Chancellor, before walking up, and taking responsibility.

Her words were simple. "I did it. Because I've come to realize what many in the Republic have come to realize, that the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war. That we have become the villains in this conflict, that we are the ones that should be put on trial! And my attack on the temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become, an Army for the Dark Side, fallen from the Light we held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time.,,"

,,"