•2•

" what took you so long?" My twin brother asked as he pulled some of the instruments out of the back of our van

" some girl stopped me. It was weird though she wasn't even freaking out or anything. She just asked me where the bathroom was." I explained thinking of her face once again. I had realized I never asked for her name.

"It was probably some excuse to talk to you." he brushed it off helping our two other friends get the rest of the stuff.

I couldn't stop thinking about her though. She didn't even know my name. To me it didn't feel like an excuse. She seemed genuinely lost.

We quickly got inside the venue and set up our stuff. The adrenaline begin to kick in. I've performed so many times, but I never fail to get a quick, adrenaline rush before a performance.

A line begins to form outside the building as it became close to the start of the concert. we were at the front of the line as we made it earlier before anyone else.

I didn't tell my mom about the guy I had ran into I assumed she'd get protective.

I kind of got excited as they were about to open the doors to get into the concert.

I always enjoy concerts, even if I don't know or listen to the band. I actually kind of had a good feeling about this band. Everyone at the concert had good style. They had my style mixed with gothic style and some others.

As we waited, I heard the name Tom. I thought of the boy I had just seen.

"Wait mom, do you know what the band members look like?" I asked her. She just shrugged.

"I didn't really see much, no."

Hm. Were they talking about him? I didn't think much of it and pushed the thought away.

A few moments later, the doors were opened, and everyone started rushing around the stage. Me and my mom made it to the front as we were the first people to get in.

The stage was covered by a large curtain coming from the ceiling, so you couldn't see if they were on stage yet or not. Everyone is screaming from excitement. Telling them to come on stage.

We waited for about 20 minutes before everyone began to scream louder than before. Then, without warning, drums started playing along with guitar and the curtains slowly rise to reveal the band.

A big smile grew on my face, as I had already began to enjoy the song, even though it was only 10 seconds in.

I studied the band members starting with the lead singer. He looked familiar wearing, dark eyeliner, and long black hair. The drummer just had short blonde hair. Then one of the guitarists had long brown hair.

But as I studied the other guitarist, my heart skipped a beat. It was the boy I have ran into on the side of the building. He was one of the guitarist of the band??

I couldn't help but stare at him for a moment, strumming the electric guitar.

I turned my mom with a shocked expression.

"Mom I ran into him on the way to the bathroom, the guitarist with the dreads!" I yelled over the loud, screaming and music.

"Do you like it so far?" She yelled over everyone ignoring me as if she didn't believe me.

" yeah." I dropped it and continue to watch. The singer had a beautiful voice, but looked exactly like Tom. Just different style.

But once again, my eyes couldn't help, but wonder back to the guitarist. The way he was stood with his guitar, hanging from his shoulder near his waist, strumming the strings effortlessly.

My eyes were glued onto him, as if I was put into a trance. And as I studied him, his eyes caught mine. My face immediately faded to a shade of red. He recognized me and kept his eyes on me for a moment.

Felt is, though everything stopped for a moment, as if we were still outside alone.

But then, suddenly, his eyes left mine as he looked down at his guitar, biting on his lip piercing.

He didn't look at me the rest of the time they performed. I enjoyed the concert otherwise.

After the concert ended, my mom insisted on us meeting them outside of the building.

They were doing a small meet and greet on the side of the building near where me and him had ran into each other. My heart was pounding as we came closer to the band members. My eyes were glued on Tom.

Tom was the last one in the line the band were standing in. We were given a photo of the band for them to sign. It started off with the drummer then one of the guitarist's, the lead singer, and then Tom.

Once I stood in front of Tom, we locked eyes for a moment.

"Hey." Was all I could muster out as he signed the autograph.

"Hey. It was nice meeting you." he said back, looking into my eyes for a moment before we were pushed away from them.

I wondered if that was the last time I ever see him again.