•10•

We walked up onto stage with bill where they began mic check

We walked up onto stage with bill where they began mic check. I was still drunk out of my mind.

As I talked to Stacy I heard a few voices walk up onto stage, laughing and talking with each other.

I turn and immediately see the man I had been trying to avoid. I nudge Stacy who's got her eyes on bill. She looks over at me confused before following my eyes to see Tom. She looks back over at me with curiosity.

"What are you gonna do?" She asked quietly. I stood, walking up to a crew member.

"Do you have any alcohol? Tom asked me to ask you." I lied. But I assumed they wouldn't let me get alcohol any other way.

"Sure. For the both of you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Just hand them both to me. I'll give it to him." I said. He looked at me suspiciously for a moment before walking away.

I walked back over to Stacy and sat next to her. She looked at me confused for a moment.

"Hopefully we're getting some more drinks in a minute. I asked that guy over there for some." I explained. She looked back at the guy as he walked away.

"How did he know you weren't just some crazy teenager? How did he say yes?" She asked. I looked away for a moment, my eyes wandering towards Tom.

"I kind of told him that Tom asked for the drinks..." I said quietly. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Why would you do that?! What if he says something to Tom?"

I looked back at her, getting slight anxiety.

"Shit I didn't think about that..." I looked down for a moment, hoping he doesn't say anything. But as I looked back up at Tom I saw as the man walked up to him.

My stomach dropped as he began to talk to Tom. I immediately hid my face behind Stacy. My heart was pounding.

"Oh my god. Y/n. He's coming." She whispered through her teeth as she looked in his direction.

"Stacy stop looking!" I hit her lightly. I hoped he wouldn't see her and would walk away.

"Hey did you get me these drinks- Stacy? What are you doing here?" He asked. But before she could answer his eyes shifted over to me.

I looked up at him slowly sitting up again.

"Hi Tom." I say quietly. He looks into my eyes with shock.

"Wha- what are you doing here? How do you get here?" He asked. I broke away from his eyes to shift them to Bill.

"Bill invited us." I said shortly. He turned to look at bill, then back at me.

He looked into my eyes for a moment, as if he was trying to memorize my face.

"Enjoy the concert. Both of you." He said quietly, setting down the drinks beside us before walking away.

I looked down at me feet, trying to fight the tears that threatened to spill.

"You okay?" Stacy asked, lightly holding her hand on my shoulder. I stayed quiet for a moment before looking up at her with a smile.

"I'm fine. I'm just gonna enjoy the night. I don't care." I lied, giving her a convincing smile. "Are you going to drink that?" I ask as I pick up the drinks. She slowly shakes her head, giving me a cautious look.

Before she could say anything else I hear the sound of a guitar. I turn to see the band getting there instruments set up. Except Bill and Tom were stood on the side. Tom seemed upset as he talked to Bill.

I let out a sigh, drinking both of the drinks.

"Does bill have a girlfriend?" She asked quietly. I look over at her to see her eyes glued on Bill. I nudged her, giving her a big grin.

"Do you fancy him or what? Stacy!" She gives me a sheepish smile, hiding her face.

"Maybe..." she mumbled into her hands. He laugh quietly, pulling her hands away from her face.

"So go for him! I'm pretty sure he's not talking to anyone but I wouldn't really know. Look, after the show, talk to him. Just let him know how you feel." I said quietly, trying to keep my composure as I speak. I feel as the alcohol warms my body.

"Okay. Fine. Maybe." She said, turning her gaze back towards Bill. But he already had is eyes on her.

He walked towards us giving us a small wave and a bright smile. I couldn't help but smile when he did. It's contagious.

"The concerts starting soon." He let out an excited sigh before turning to me. "Sorry about Tom. I don't know what's going on with him right now." He apologized to me giving me a sympathetic smile.

I nodded, feeling a little numb.

"Also if you guys don't mind I was wondering if you guys wanted to just stand on stage with us, it's really fun." He smiles lightly as i looks over at Stacy.

I don't say anything as I stumble to my feet. Bill walks up onto the stage as everyone sets them up. As I watch on the side of the stage my eyes can't help but wander towards Tom. He was looking down at his guitar.

He seemed like he was focused on something, playing with his lip piercing.

The curtains opened to the stage and the crowd began to cheer. At this point was when I realized how famous they really were. This venue was huge and it was packed from front to back full of fans.

My legs felt weak.

"Stacy I can't do this." I mumbled, grabbing onto her arm. She had a smile on her face as she was watching bill talk to the fans.

"Come on! It can't be that bad! It looks fun!" She tries to pull me onto stage. I pull away, stumbling back slightly.