Chapter twenty-one: The beautiful truth...

Dylan turned to face the Tsundere, his mouth wide open as the reflective blue light covering her face; as well as the wooden frame; was ready for it to discharge another blast if she needed to, all while Ralsei stared at his now missing fingers in agony, dust emerging from the stubs as he collapsed to the floor in pain, trying to cover them as they soaked into the air.

"Stay down bitch" Susie threatened as she turned to Dylan to return his gaze, a toothy grin of accomplishment on her face. She gave a disgusted look down at the wizard, still writhing in pain; "Sorry Ralsei, but I think it's time we fix this shit and go home, without anymore nonsense" The bully exclaimed, turning to the fountian, not wanting to waste anymore time.
But Dylan wasn't like her.

He looked down also at the wizard, tears soaking his fur as the realization that he was alone set in with only his madness and this prison.

"Please..." Ralsei begged, "Dylan, you cannot leave me like this, not after what we have been through" The wizard pleaded, his eyes wide with hurt and betrayal that Dylan was one step away from, but he knew deep inside the real wizard who smiled so sweetly and softly and was always positive. He knew his Ralsei was in there; somewhere.

"Come on dumbass!" Susie shouted from a distance, "We are so close and now you want to help the fucker who basically fucked us over?!" She questioned, stunned that Dylan had outstretched his hand to help the wizard up.

"I'm not Merciless Susie" The boy exclamied, looking at the Tsundere with a soft smile.

"Somewhere you're in there Ralsei" The boy thought, if this really was his Deltarune, he knew, in his soul, things would work out;
this time at least.

"Thank you Dylan" The wizard said, reaching for his hat and removing it, revealling the Ralsei, or should he say Asreil, he knew.
"Maybe, not all Humans are as bad as you"
The prince looked up at the boy with a weary smile, his hat held at stomach height, as the boy admired the prince's true apperance.

"There you are" The boy said aloud, the monster that stood in front of him now wasn't as dark as the world around him, but as white as the hope he felt in his heart; their eyes fixated on the boy with a look of gratitude as Dylan smiled;
now this, this was the Deltarune he knew.

"Come on you asshole!" Susie shouted, getting over the revealing just as quickly as it happened, marching away from the pair, "Or I'll leave without you" She threatened, but just as she was about to take a step, there was a loud rumble, making all three of them turn their attention to the blue beam of light;
"Shit! Come on, we've got to go!" Susie demanded, grabbing the boy's arm as she tried to drag him to their way home.

"Wait, Dylan!" Ralsei called, gripping his other arm tightly, tighter than Susie's; "Take this" The wizard said, handing the boy his hat, the end of it sticking out as the wizard thrust the piece of clothing into the boys chest; Dylan's eyes wide with something other than the fear of letting go and saying goodbye as he was dragged away by Susie to the portal as the wizard watched with a grim smile on their face, their eyes dark with the hatred they felt;
"Goodbye you two" Was all the Prince said before he walked away from the Heroes, back to his home; his prison.

"Hurry up you dumbass!" Susie said, basically dragging the boy as this point, her goal and attention too focused on getting home than to the boy's wavering breath.

"Susie..." The boy said with all of his remainig strength.

"What?!" The Tsundere asked, still not facing the boy;

"Susie..." Dylan repeated, his voice becoming weaker, he dropped the hat, revealling the cause of his agony, all while he continued to stumble to the fountian, their escape, home.