Chapter 9

"Come, Ballsie. Let me tour you around. Please don't mind Dylan. He is just like that," Manang Susan lovingly caressed her back as she tried to brush off the remaining tension from the room. 

Ballsie shook her hands to release the nerves she had been holding since meeting Dylan in the flesh. "Wow, Manang. You did not give me fair warning - he is a little intense and intimidating. I like him - I mean, I like that. I appreciate that he is blunt and straightforward. People nowadays tend to sugar coat things and sweep things under the rug. I like that he tells you how it is." 

"Well, he's been like that ever since. He's like that to me too, so don't get upset if he does the same to you. Come, let me show you around the whole house. You've seen the lanai, here is the kitchen." Manang gestured to follow her to the kitchen area. 

"Dylan likes home cooked meals so you will also spend a lot of time cooking. The pots and pans are inside this cabinet here, cutleries are here, and then underneath are the other kitchen appliances like the KitchenAid mixer and the Vitamix blender. Dylan likes to have those protein shakes or smoothies, so I'll leave you my recipes so you can make them. He drinks them right before he works out so make sure to have them ready, ok?  I know this looks like another cabinet, but if you pull the handles - voila, the refrigerator!" Manang demonstrated as she opened the well-stocked refrigerator. 

"Then this hunk of metal is the stove, so expensive! Oh my god, I remember Dylan ordered it overseas, Thermador is the brand..." Manang kept showing Ballsie every nook and cranny of the kitchen, but Ballsie started to tune her out as soon as she started to take mental notes of her own. 

"Wow, Sir Dylan is really particular. Every furniture, every appliance is top of the line, so it is just fitting that his expectations are high as well. I really can't mess up around here," Ballsie thought to herself. 

"Oh, and Ballsie, one thing to remember - do not give Dylan strawberries. He is allergic to strawberries. If you want to stay long at this job, remember that." Manang said sternly, bringing Ballsie back from her silent reverie. 

"Ok, noted po Manang. That's too bad, strawberries are delicious, and they are my most favorite fruit in the world." 

"Ok, moving on. Here is the temperature-controlled wine cellar. I don't go inside, only Dylan is allowed. He loves to drink wine. Well, not every day, but after a long, hard day at work, you'll see him drink a glass or two. Ok, so wine cellar, off limits, ok Ballsie?" 

"Ok, Manang."

Manang Susan then moved the tour to the adjacent living room and like the kitchen, it was also decked out with the most high-end furniture and appliances. A huge and plush leather sofa was at the center of the room and at the end, a 65" inches TV was placed near the white wall. 

"Ok, this TV is off limits to you too. During the day, you can watch TV during your brief breaks in one of the guest rooms. Dylan does not like anyone else watching on this TV. He doesn't watch too many shows anyway, but he reserves this strictly for his NBA games." 

"Ok, he's a bit stingy. We'll have to do something about that," Ballsie thought to herself. 

"Ballsie, are you listening?!" Manang asked her in a high-pitched tone. 

"Of course, Manang! TV in living room, wine cellar off limits. Big X on strawberries," Ballsie crossed her hands and smiled at Manang Susan even though she can feel her legs were about to give out from her fatigue. 

Unfortunately for Ballsie, the tour did not end there. Manang Susan showed her most of the rooms and the ensuite bathrooms on the second floor as well. Ballsie couldn't believe that a single guy would need eight bedrooms and eight bathrooms all to himself. 

"Manang, now I get why the pay is good. I would be cleaning the whole day!" Ballsie sighed.

"Ballsie, hija. You don't have to clean the whole house every day. Only three rooms get used on a daily basis - Dylan's, one of the guest rooms, and Tori's room. So just clean those and just check the rest of the rooms and their bathrooms every now and then. Of course, make sure the kitchen and living room are tidied up as well." Manang explained. 

"Speaking of Dylan, where is that boy? I have to ask him what he wants for dinner. Are you tired Ballsie, can you still help me cook dinner?"

"Yes, po," Ballsie wanted to say no, but being it was her first day at work, she decided to power through. Besides, she had not eaten anything decent for the day, so she was excited for dinner. 

Manang Susan entered a room she did not show Ballsie earlier; Ballsie guessed it was Dylan's room through process of elimination. She tentatively followed her elder and as Manang Susan opened the door, Dylan was standing in the middle of the room, his hands on his hips. He just finished taking a shower, so he only had a white bath towel wrapped around his waist.

"Oh, Dylan there you are. What do you want to eat for dinner?"  Manang Susan asked. 

"Hmm, Nanay Sue please cook fettuccine alfredo with shrimp. I'm craving for pasta," Dylan replied. 

Dylan turned his body to face them and Ballsie did not know if she would look directly at him or look away. She decided to look directly as it was already too late to look away anyhow. Ballsie did not realize that her jaw dropped at the sight of Dylan's fit body. 

"Oh my, he looks like those models from the magazines. Well-chiseled abs and well-toned biceps. Wow, he's like a K-Drama actor, model, and a fit athlete all rolled into one. Ballsie, don't look down, ok? He is just wearing a bath towel, so he's practically naked in front of you. DON'T. LOOK. DOWN,"  Ballsie internalized. 

Ballsie's internal monologue was then disrupted by a hard tap on her shoulders. She did not realize that Manang had been trying to get her attention. 

"Ballsie! Earth to Ballsie!" Manang Susan tapped her firmly. "Dylan asked if you want anything else to eat." 

Still in a trance, Ballsie replied with the first thing on her head, "Abs!" 

"Abs? Are you having a stroke?" Manang Susan looked at her with a raised eyebrow. 

"Abs - I mean, absolutely anything, Manang. I am not picky." Ballsie managed to reply as she bowed her head and felt her cheeks hot with embarrassment. 

Ballsie quickly looked up to see what Dylan's reaction was and she briefly saw him with a naughty smirk. Before she can embarrass herself even more, she felt a tug on her arm. 

"Ok Ballsie, let's head downstairs and cook!" Manang said as she hooked her arm around hers.