Chapter 15

Manang Susan looked at the both of them suspiciously. As she entered the room, Dylan saw her give Ballsie a stern, warning look. 

Ballsie seemed to get the message as she bowed her head down when she saw Manang Susan give her the watchful eye. 

Dylan did not want Ballsie to get in a huge trouble, so he went up to Manang Susan to give her a reassuring hug.

"Nanay Sue, we were just joking around. Ballsie here has quite the humor." Dylan said as he looked at Ballsie with judging eyes. He looked at her and he just couldn't believe this was the same timid girl he met just a few hours ago. He had an inkling that she was gutsy, but he did not know that she would be brave enough to talk back at her boss. 

Ballsie saw him looking at her, so she looked back at him with the same contempt she had moments ago. 

"Man, if looks could kill, I'd be a dead man by now." Dylan thought as he looked away from Ballsie's death stare. He thought their "little argument" was petty, but he now realized he really struck a nerve. 

"Ahem, here Nanay Sue. Let me help you with that blanket and pillow." Dylan said to lighten up the mood a bit. "Where do you want them?"

"Ah, put it on the couch. Those are for Ballsie."

As Dylan placed the blanket and pillow on the couch, he caught sight of Ballsie staring at him looking a bit guilty. 

"Thank you Manang. And Sir Dylan." Ballsie said contritely. 

"Well, well, well. I guess someone is feeling bad about how she behaved. Dylan thought as he shrugged his shoulders. "No problem," he said aloud and sat on his bed. 

"Ballsie, did you call your dad?" Manang Susan asked as she walked to the roll out bed. 

"Yes po, Manang. I spoke with him before I took a shower."

"Ok, that's good." Manang Susan sighed with satisfaction as she sat on her bed. She stretched her legs and massaged her right hip. 

Dylan looked at her and wondered how his days would be without her. Nanay Sue had been his "go-to" person for absolutely everything. 

Dylan then scanned the room and saw Ballsie had also taken her spot on the couch. As he looked at her quickly, he imagined how the next four months with her would be like. 

"This girl is going to give me a whiplash for sure. One day, she's the nicest and sweetest, then the next day, she's the devil personified." Dylan pondered quietly as he fluffed his pillows on the bed. 

"Hey Dylan and Ballsie. Let's do something fun before we sleep." Manang Susan suddenly exclaimed out of nowhere. 

"Dylan, remember we used to do this when you were younger to help you sleep? We asked each other trivial questions about each other, and it helped you fall asleep because you would get bored with the questions I would ask you? Hahahaha, we eventually stopped doing this because we ran out of questions to ask each other. Well, let's do it again since Ballsie is here now. I can be the host asking questions, then you both answer. Think of it as a kind of "getting to know you" kind of activity!" Manang Susan said, her eyes big withe excitement. 

"Manang Susan, it's already too late, let's call it a day, please." Ballsie replied as she spread the blanket that was given to her. 

"You know, I think it would be fun. Yeah, Nanay Sue, let's do it!" Dylan chimed in as he looked at Ballsie to see her reaction. He didn't really want to do it either, but he wanted to annoy Ballsie and get under her skin more. He looked at her and saw her eyes squint with annoyance.