Chapter 29

"Wow, Kuya Ken has not changed one bit. Still as handsome as ever." Ballsie reflected in silence as she stared at her long-lost childhood crush. "What are the chances that we would meet again? And of all places? Really, here in Manila? Plus, he knows Sir Dylan!" Ballsie kept on staring as the two sparred outside in the lanai.

Ballsie thought they were going to play basketball, but their plans changed when Dylan suggested they boxed instead. Both guys were about the same height, same athletic built, and Ballsie could tell that both were equally competitive.

Dylan was throwing the punches and Ken was quick on his feet in dodging Dylan's fists. Both were fluid and agile in their movements. All the punches thrown were precise and swift and all the blocks made were firm and intent.

As the two men sparred, Ballsie could not help but be drawn at the sight of Dylan. She looked at him as he squared off with her childhood friend and in the short time since she had known him, this was the first time that she noticed how sharp his jawline was. She also noticed how his biceps were more pronounced as he swung his arms. She couldn't help but stare wide-eyed when he clenched his jaw as he threw his punches at his opponent. Ballsie thought this was the manliest and sexiest thing she had ever seen. She wanted to slap herself immediately for her inappropriate thoughts, but refrained to avoid looking like she was out of her mind.

Funny enough, the slap Ballsie asked for came as a heavy shoulder tap from Tori who had been watching the two with her. He tapped her shoulder and pointed at Dylan with his mouth.

"Look at those muscles. Damn, Sir Dylan is ripped!" Tori then licked his lips as he glazed over and stared at the two still boxing away.

Ballsie sighed and just shook her head. She shook her head not because she disagreed with Tori, but because she couldn't believe that her attraction to Dylan had not waned at all. Besides his undeniable good looks and other physical attributes, she also admired him for being such a well-rounded person, for being the type to excel at everything he put his mind into.

"Ballsie! Ballsie! Come here and I will teach you how to make Dylan's favorite smoothie." Ballsie was thankful that Manang Susan called out to her and broke her reverie. She was leading herself down that slippery slope again of aimlessly admiring her boss.

She hurriedly ran to the kitchen and joined her elder. "Yes, Manang! Ok, I am ready to learn. What's on the menu today for our smoothie?"

"Let's blend one of his favorites. I call this Tropical Green Smoothie. We'll just blend ice, pineapple juice, coconut yogurt, pineapple chunks, and spinach."

"Manang, that sounds good. Can we make extra so we can all try it?"

"Yeah, we'll make a lot! Ok, so take this Vitamix and put everything and just blend until all are well blended, ok? Remember Ballsie, I will leave the other smoothie recipes that Dylan likes. Just make sure you have the ingredients, ok? And remember, no strawberries!" Manang Susan quipped as she plugged the Vitamix blender in one of the outlets.

"Of course, Manang! Ok, let me get extra cups and Sir Dylan's shake container."

"Get one for Ken too, Ballsie! Dylan likes the steel cup in the cupboard. Then there should be a new, blue container. Get that one for Ken." Manang now shouted as she blended all the ingredients away into a mouthwatering, healthy, pale green smoothie.

Ballsie followed Manang Susan's orders and got all the cups and containers. Both ladies then filled all the cups and containers to the brim. Manang Susan grabbed Dylan's steel cup and placed a steel straw as well. Ballsie then grabbed the blue container for Ken. She did not grab a straw because the container already had one.

"Ballsie, let's go to the lanai and hand these out to them. We can also let them know that dinner is ready." Manang Susan ordered as she grabbed two table napkins as well.

"Ok, Manang." Ballsie replied as she followed suit.

----------

"Hey, you two! Let's call this boxing match a draw before anyone gets hurt!" Manang Susan's voice thundered as she reached the lanai. "You guys need to change clothes too. You are both fully soaked with sweat. Here, Dylan. We made your favorite smoothie. Ken, Ballsie has yours."

"Kuya Ken, here. For you!" Ballsie lent out her hand as she reached out to Ken and handed him the blue container.

To Ballsie's surprise, Dylan made a beeline towards her and reached for the blue container instead.

"Ken, get the other one. Get Manang Susan's. Um, that steel cup is better and since you're the guest, um, you need, I mean, you need to have the best one. That container is the best!" Dylan stammered as he awkwardly reached for the blue container instead. Before Ken can even reply, Dylan already grabbed the blue container from Ballsie's hand and took a sip of the smoothie.

"So good, especially after an intense workout." Dylan sighed with satisfaction as he wiped his sweaty forehead and brows. "Thank you, Nay Sue and Ballsie for these. Let's go inside and eat dinner, shall we?"

"Yes, Manang Sue. Thank you!" Ken chimed in as he gulped his smoothie. "This is really good! Beh, did you make this?"

"No, Kuya Ken. Manang did. I just watched." Ballsie replied in return.

"Beh, small favor. Please don't call me Kuya anymore. I didn't like it then and I especially don't like it now. Just call me Ken. I'm only two years older than you." Ken retorted with a wink.

"A-ah, o-ok, K-Ken." Ballsie hesitantly replied.

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" Ken said with the biggest grin on his face.

Ballsie was still processing the conversation she just had with her childhood crush, when a well-toned arm with a boxing glove swung out of nowhere from Ballsie's peripheral vision.

Dylan was about to punch Ken stone cold.