Chapter 14

"Dylan said he wants to meet my dad?! Oh my god, Ballsie.  Don't think too much of it though. He said he likes Gaudi so that's why he wants to meet him - nothing more to it! They share the same interest that's all.  Then why do I feel like he meant something else, like he meant something more than that? Well, it's not hard to think like that especially if he's staring at me like he's looking deep into my soul. I feel out of breath just by looking back at him. Ok, why is he still staring, like seriously? He's scanning my whole face as if he's memorizing the details of my eyes, nose, lips. Do I do the same? Do I stare and memorize every inch of his handsome face too? Ok, now he's looking down, oh god is he looking at my chest?"

Ballsie was about to call out Dylan for silently gawking at her, but before she can even say anything, he let out a hearty laugh. 

"Hahahahaha! Is that Sailor Moon?" Dylan asked in a mocking tone. 

Ballsie had completely forgotten that she was wearing the most juvenile pajama set. She was embarrassed, but instead of showing him her humiliation, she crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her right foot out of annoyance. 

"And what's wrong with Sailor Moon?! Her eyes were now bulging out of her eyes socket with complete irritation. 

"Nothing, nothing." Dylan said in between his laughs. "I just can't believe a woman of your age would still wear something like that."

Ballsie started to see red. "EXCUSE ME, SIR DYLAN! May I remind you that Sailor Moon was huge. It was a big part of growing up especially if you were a kid that grew up in the nineties!"

"But that's just it, Ballsie. We're not in the nineties and you're not a kid anymore. Aren't you too old to be wearing something like that?" Dylan pointed up and down to her outfit. 

"Sir, I know personal taste is subjective. I didn't say anything bad with yours, so why say bad things with mine?" Ballsie challenged him as she glared at him with nostrils flaring. 

"Whoa, ok, ok. I think I've pressed some wrong buttons here, because your neck is turning red with anger. Ok, I won't make fun of Sailor Moon anymore. And Luna." Dylan said as he pointed at her pajama pants with his mouth. 

"See, you know Luna! If I know, you are a fan too!" Ballsie pointed right back at him. 

"I might've seen an episode or two." Dylan said as he raised his eyebrows up and down.

"See, Sailor Moon is ageless. You've only seen an episode or two and you still recognized her and her cat! Sir Dylan, Sailor Moon is iconic and timeless, so don't ever make fun of my taste ever again!" Ballsie said in defiance. 

Ballsie saw Dylan's mouth twitch in a wicked smile and put both of his hands on his hips. "Ok, ok," he finally said to keep the peace. "Well, I guess we really tore the awkward wall between us, huh?! Regardless though Ballsie, I am still your boss. So, remember that! You still need to respect me."

"Yes, you are my boss. My boss who thinks I am old and have tacky taste. I'm sorry I don't have an impeccable taste like you, SIR DYLAN!" Ballsie retorted out of spite. 

"Yes, I have impeccable taste. And may I remind you that you described my taste as 'quite beautiful, exquisite, gorgeous, and expensive earlier' when you were admiring my room, my whole house!" Dylan shouted in exasperation. 

Ballsie now realized that her boss was getting a tad upset. She did not want to lose this argument though. As she prepared her rebuttal, Manang Susan suddenly opened the door carrying a pillow and a blanket. 

"Hey, you two! Are you guys fighting? It's just the first day guys and you are already at each other's throats." Manang disappointedly shook her head. 

"No, Manang. Sir Dylan and I are just getting acquainted." Ballsie said as she looked at Dylan with an angry squint.