Chapter 22

Ballsie found it really easy to clean Dylan's bedroom. She actually cleaned it with minimal effort because his room was very clean to begin with. The only "mess" in his room were the dust bunnies under his bed. Besides that, she found out that her boss was immaculately clean. 

"Ha! Immaculately clean. I wish I could say the same thing about his attitude!"  Ballsie grimaced. As she swept the floor, she thought it was really rude of him to completely ignore her when she entered the room. She couldn't believe that he just stood up and left without even addressing her with a "hi" or "hello" even if it was just to be polite. 

"Ballsie, who are you? Are you important? You're not important to him, you should know your place."  She reminded herself as she went on her way to his glass display case to clean it as well. As she sprayed the glass display case with a glass cleaner and wiped the smudges off of it, she looked at his collection of modular building blocks, his basketball trophies, and at the very bottom tier, his collection of Star Wars figurines. Ballsie squatted as she took a closer look at the figures at the bottom of the shelf. 

"Hmm, I guess he also likes Star Wars." Ballsie said as she admired the expensive looking, medium-sized figurines inside the glass case. "What do we have here, let's see. He has C-3PO, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and Chewbacca." Ballsie paused as she saw the last figurine at the end of the line-up. 

Chewbacca. "Chewie". Ballsie remembered how Dylan mocked her earlier this morning for snoring in her sleep. It was her snoring that earned her such a beautiful nickname. 

"Why, hello Chewie! Why are you frowning? Well, I guess for one, you are trapped in this case with nothing better to do. Two, you badly need a haircut - scratch that, you badly need a full body wax. Third and the worst of all reasons, your owner is so grumpy. I think his grumpiness has rubbed off of you since it's kind of contagious, huh? Well, at least you are with your friends, right? Ooh, and on the upside, you are now my namesake. You are in such good company!" Ballsie excitedly said as she poked the glass case. 

Feeling a little bit silly, Ballsie shook her head and wiped off her fingerprint on the case. She cleared her throat and chuckled to herself as she thought how ridiculous she must had looked while talking to an inanimate object. 

"You have lost your goddamn mind, Ballsie Flores. Go clean the bathroom before you lose all your marbles!"  Ballsie reminded herself

It was then that she remembered that she needed to get the toilet bowl cleaner, brush, and shower cleaning spray. Ballsie was going to ask Manang Susan earlier where they store their bathroom cleaning supplies, but she completely forgot. When she opened the bedroom door, she immediately heard Manang Susan's voice in the kitchen, so she went downstairs intending to ask her where she could find the supplies she was looking for. 

When she got to the kitchen area, Ballsie realized that Manang Susan was not alone.  She approached the kitchen as stealthily as possible when she noticed that Manang Susan was speaking with Dylan. Their conversation sounded serious, though she could not hear clearly what they were saying. As she got closer, she heard Manang Susan request something to their boss. Ballsie stood quietly and both Dylan and Manang Susan seemed oblivious to the fact that she was listening in to their conversation. 

"Please be nice to Ballsie. You seem to get irritated by the little things she does. Can you cut her some slack? You know, if you get to know her, you might actually like her!" 

"Me?! Like Ballsie? Oh, hell no Nay! She's not my type! Why would I like her?"

Ballsie looked at Dylan and saw how repulsed he was at Manang Susan's suggestion of him possibly liking her. Manang Susan was now speaking, but she tuned out the rest of their conversation when she realized that she was now clenching her fists. She could not be certain if her reaction was due to anger or because of utter disappointment on what she heard. She tried to calm herself and gave herself a pep talk in her head. 

"Ballsie, why are you even having this reaction? You came here to work. What did you expect to come out of this job opportunity?! A boyfriend?! A chance at love?! Happily ever after?! This is not one of your K-Dramas, ok?! Get a grip!"

She shook her head so she could come to her senses and cleared her throat. She unclenched her fists and put on a brave face by smiling as wide as she could. Ballsie's eyes immediately darted to Dylan as he looked at her quite stunned as he realized she had been standing there and had been listening to their conversation. Ballsie could tell that he was trying to figure out how much of his and Manang's conversation she heard. 

"I didn't hear everything, but I heard what I needed to hear." Ballsie answered him in her head. She smiled coyly at him and pretended to go on about her day. 

"Manang, I just need cleaning supplies for the bathroom. I'm cleaning Sir Dylan's and I don't know where to get them. Can you show me where they are?"

"Of course, hija. Come follow me." Manang Susan got up from her seat and urged Ballsie to follow her. 

As Ballsie turned to follow her elder, she didn't even try to look at Dylan before leaving the kitchen. She couldn't look at him because inexplicably, her heart couldn't just bear it.