Chapter 25

Dylan was already lying on his bed when Ballsie entered the room. He sat up immediately as soon as she approached the couch to get situated as well for the night. She did not look at him when she entered, and she did not even say anything as she sat down.

"Had she been crying? Her eyes are kind of puffy." Dylan noticed in silence. He examined her, but she was still avoiding his gaze. All of a sudden, Dylan felt like what he thought of earlier was a bad idea. He was about to pull the plug and tell Manang Susan that they should save their plan for another night when she took out the piece of paper he had written earlier. 

"Ballsie, let's play the question and answer we played yesterday! I came prepared and had written questions for the both of you." Manang quipped as Dylan motioned to her to stop. 

Manang Susan looked at him confused. She glared at him and mouthed that he did not need to worry because she was taking the lead in their game. 

"Manang, not that game again! To be quite honest, that Q&A is lame and borderline kind of boring and stupid!" Ballsie rolled her eyes as she complained. 

"Excuse me?!" Both Manang Susan and Dylan said in unison. They looked at each other and were both offended by what Ballsie expressed. 

"Look Ballsie, we are not lame, boring, and stupid, ok?! Who do you think you are talking to?! Have some respect!" Manang Susan yelled at her. 

"You took the words out of my mouth, Nay Sue." Dylan thought. 

"Sorry po, Manang. I did not mean to offend you." Ballsie bowed her head as she apologized. Dylan felt bad by the sight of Ballsie feeling quite defeated; the night had officially turned to be much worse. 

"Well, apology accepted. And whether you like it or not, you will play this game." 

"Oh no, Nay. We are really forcing her to do all this. This is not good.  Dylan, let's just call it a night."

Dylan wanted to really end it there, but for some reason, the urge to get to know Ballsie more overpowered his sense of logic. It was this need to get to know her that stopped him from saying anything. 

"Ok, you two. Let's get to know more about each other, shall we?" 

Manang Susan: "Let's begin. Hi everyone, it's me again. Girlie Abundat. And welcome to Q&A Fast Talk."

"Oh, God! Ballsie was right, this is lame and stupid." Dylan thought as he rubbed his fingers on his forehead. His stomach churned because he suddenly felt so embarrassed. 

"Too late to back out now. This is all your doing."  Dylan sighed quietly as Manang Susan looked at the piece of paper. She squinted as she tried to read his horrible penmanship. She looked at him and shook her head in disbelief. Out of the corner of his eyes, Dylan slyly looked at Ballsie to look at her reaction. She was stoic and had her arms crossed. He could tell that she couldn't wait to get all of this non-sense over with. 

Manang Susan: "Ok, like yesterday, we will have five questions in total. Are you ready?"

Deafening silence. 

Manang Susan: "Ok, I will take that as a yes. I can feel the excitement in both of you. Ok, question one is about family. How many siblings do you have?"