Chapter 1: Nicole

It was silent in the house, nothing was heard, not even a mouse. But something stirred, or rather someone...

Nicole laid restless in her bed once more. Her search for her father was taking its toll.

All she knew about him was that he once was a sweet and funny Santa Claus on a lonely Christmas Eve. One hot night later without a proper backup plan and she had been conceived.

He disappeared the day after, with a promise to come back the next year. But her mother by then had a few months old baby - oh dear...

The poor woman worked three jobs to keep baby Nicole fed. She never went back to that bar, her biggest regret.

The years quickly flew by and when Nicole turned ten, her mother gave up the guy.

Why would he'd still be there after 10 years of wait? Could he forgive her for some much heartache?

How would he react if she'd said him he had a child? Would he be angry or mild? Would he yell at her and tell her off? Or would he give her all his love?

After many sleepless nights, she decided that there was no such thing as loving knights, that that fairytale was not her own, so she continued to raise Nicole all alone.

Nicole by then had a million questions in her head, all about the sperm donor she wanted to call Dad.

But her mother couldn't give her many leads - I'm afraid - other than him having worn a Santa suit and calling himself Saint Nick on their date...

Nicole's nights from then got plagued by the same reoccurring dream: a man wearing a Santa suit, but his face she could never see.

Oh boy, this has been enough rhyming for me.

Twelve Days of Springजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें