Unburden you

Jimin woke up and looked at the clock jumping out of bed when he saw the time, he nearly crashed into Jungkook coming from the bathroom wearing a towel around his hips.
"I slept through the alarm sorry Kookie!!"
"Hey calm down..., I turned it off, we are having breakfast with my father today."
"W-what?"
"Dad is coming here,"
"Oh er well I can get to work on my own..."
"No Jimin he's coming to apologise,"
"Kookie really..., that was weeks ago,"
It was true, two weeks had passed since the incident, Jimins face was healed but Jungkook had been waiting for his father to apologise, so far nothing had happened. He was annoyed and had arranged this breakfast, Jimin was owed a huge apology.
Jimin went in the shower  and he went downstairs to prepare the food.
The doorbell rang and he answered.
"Son, we haven't done this in a long time thank you for inviting me."
"Sure dad come in.., oh Jimin there you are."
Jimin bowed to Jungkooks father not missing the frown on the others face.
"Why is he here and coming from upstairs?"
"Jimin lives here,"
"Are you fucking the staff!!!"
"That's enough dad!!"
"Yes it is enough, it's about time I found a girl for you to marry then you will outgrow these....stupid flings."
"Dad....,I've told you before keep out of my personal life!"
"I can't watch you be swayed by people like him..., it's a phase ...!"
"I'm bi dad I've told you I like both sexes but right now I'm happy being gay!!!!"
"J-jungkook maybe I should leave you two together..?"
"No Jimin...,I asked him here because I want him to apologise to you but all he's concerned about is my fling of the moment not with hitting you!!!"
Jungkook wasn't aware of how Jimins face dropped at the words' fling of the moment ,' he didn't realise how invested he was in this 'relationship' but he felt like a burden of sorts.
Jungkooks father smirked he'd seen Jimins face fall and was happy who did this little upstart think he was? He then was astonished at the next words of the other.
"Jungkook, listen to your father, he only wants what's best for you,I never expected to be apologised too,it's not worth falling out with your parent over someone like me, I can only wish to hear words from my father, yours is right here, your both alike in falling quickly to anger...., but I can see you love him so keep that love , sit have breakfast talk to each other, you never realise what you've got til it's gone,as you said I'm just a momentary thing, so don't fight over me,"
He bowed to Mr Jeon senior, who felt guilty when he saw the small males watery eyes.
"I'm going to work, stay together and eat...please.."
Jimin disappeared out the door.
Jungkook frowned and went after him but his father called him back.
"Leave him son..., he.... Seems to need time alone."
"I wish he wouldn't put himself down, do you know how many jobs he took on to clear his parents debt...., he sold everything because he felt guilty to the people his parents owed money too so he sold everything he could, worked many jobs, sometimes didn't eat just to pay them back..., that could be me or you we all come from the same background but could we do the same dad?"
His father stared at him feeling disquiet within himself, what his son said was true, how many times had he gone in the wrong direction...., what would have happened if Jimin hadn't pointed out the recent mistake? Far from thanking him he had lashed out at the boy. He wasn't proud of himself.
He sighed," I will send a gift as an apology is that ok son?"
"Thanks dad..., now come on let's eat."
Jimin got of the bus too soon his mind elsewhere, he looked around to get his bearings and headed along the street. His eyes caught sight of some signs in a window advertising rooms to rent. He went to the window to read and found they were actually studio rooms.
He went inside and spoke to a bored looking man who perked up once Jimin went in.
"How can I help you sir?"
"The studio rooms how much and where are they?"
"Well sir, they are above the shop, there's a side entrance and they are xxxxx a week. Do you want to see one?"
Jimin nodded eagerly and was taken to a third floor room. It had a tiny bathroom behind a partition a kitchen area and the rest of the room had a bed in the corner and a two seater sofa with a coffee table in front . It was basic but clean and on the wages Jungkook paid him he could afford it even after paying Jungkook back.
"I like it when can I move in?"
"Well I need a months deposit..."
"Oh," Jimins face fell, if he moved in he thought it would be a week in advance, he would have to buy some bedding and pots and pans as well as food.
"Things a bit tight are they?"
"Well it's just my old place fell down burying all my stuff with it...a....friend has let me stay at his but I'd need to buy the basics and I don't have enough if I give you the deposit."
"Oh...., maybe we could do a deal? That chain your wearing looks expensive, how about I take that as the deposit?"
"My chain....., my late parents got me it.."
"Well I could keep it locked up and if you get enough money we can exchange."
Jimin bit his lip he was very attached to the chain and only took it off to clean it. He then thought of the burden he was being at Jungkooks, he had a job he didn't need Jungkook to babysit him and the other had made it clear that their ' thing' was just a fling...
"Ok," he whispered taking his chain off and handing it over .
The man felt guilty but had no other option .
"Let's go sign the contract and I'll give you the key, you move in whenever."
Jimin got to work half an hour later,apologising to Tae.
"It's ok Kook text me earlier saying you were breakfasting with his dad and him, how was it?"
"Well his dad really hates me so I thought it best to leave..., but on a good note I have my own place now!"
He tried to sound happy but didn't quite pull it off.
"Does Kook know?"
"No, I saw it on my way to work it's not far from here so that's good, I just need to move my stuff from Kookies...."
"Are you sure Jimin you two..., we'll it's obvious somethings going on...."
Jimin tried to laugh but it sounded more like a sob,
"We were apparently having a momentary fling and his dad is eager to get him married off. He helped me when I needed it but I should move on..., I can't stay til he decides he's bored with me, it's best to move on now on friendly terms.....,isn't it?"
Tae could see the pain in his friends eyes and knew not to push the point.
A knock on the door sounded,
"Delivery for Mr Park?"
"Me?"
Jimin was handed a box a note was on it,
"Forgive my brashness I didn't mean to hit you and I apologise,also for earlier, you have a sound head on your shoulders I can see why my son likes you, sorry you missed breakfast hope this helps
Mr Jeon Snr"
Jimin opened the box to find a food hamper filled with fruit, cakes and biscuits.
"Gosh how king, at least I'll have some food in my home," he joked but Tae frowned at the words
Tae's phone rang and he answered,
"Hey Kook what's up? Oh ok no that's fine, no of course your not bunking it's your company and if your dad wants you to visit your mum then go, you don't get together often your mum probably misses you, Jimin he's .." he was about to say here but saw Jimin shaking his head.
"He's out in the office admiring the hamper your father sent him..., yes he really did, ok I'll tell him, we will see you tomorrow."
He shut the phone off," jungkook is taking his father home and is staying the night, he hasn't seen his mother for a while so he's going there and taking them out to dinner later, he's staying the night so will be in tomorrow that's why he wanted to talk to you..."
"He won't be there, good I can pack up and move out..."
"Jimin I think you should talk to him..."
"No, I've burdened him enough, if I've moved in before he comes back then there's not much he can say it's all done."
"He can get his life back to normal and anyway it's not like I'm avoiding him I work here."
Tae sighed," you need help moving?"
"Aw Tae yes please, not that I have much, can you come by at seven, that gives me time to pack and then clean Kooks house."
"Ok...., let's get on with some work then,"
"Have you got Mr Jeon seniors email so I can say thank you?"
Once that was done Jimin concentrated hard on his work and the day went quick. Tae dropped him home and said he'd see him later, so Jimin hurried to bag his things up then stripped his bed, quickly washed it and let it dry in an airer. He whizzed around the rest of the house and had just finished when Tae came. Everything was bundled in the car and Tae helped unload the other end.
"Oh that box isn't mine?"
"Housewarming gift from Suga and I,"
Jimin giggled clapping when he saw a kettle and toaster.
"Your the best Tae."
"Hmmm I know, here's some groceries too..."
"Tae that's too much!!"
"Nah, I knew you wouldn't have time to shop."
"I'm so lucky to have a friend like you..."
"Of course you are, anyway Gotta go got a heavy makeout session waiting at home..." see ya,"
Jimin laughed at his friend and waved him off then spent the best part of an hour sorting out his belongings.
He ate a snack then dressed in warm pjs laying on the mattress and pulling his coat over him fell tiredly asleep.