Lonely and lost

Jimin had been in his place for two and a half weeks, after the first two days he had realised how much being with Jungkook had affected him, he missed his company, his touch, breathing the same air as him.
He found himself secretly staring at him when he was in work as his office was across from his and Tae's.
He admitted to himself it wasn't just a crush, he had real feelings for the other .
He sat at his desk and sighed putting his hand to his neck to touch the chain that gave him comfort forgetting it wasn't there until his hand found nothing then he put it down again.
"Soooo, where is that chain you wore?" Tae asked leaning his hip on Jimins desk, he'd seen Jimin do the gesture a lot and wondered at it.
Jimin looked up about to lie but couldn't when he saw the others stare.
"I had to use it as the deposit, I didn't have enough."
"What! Jimin really, kook said you could stay at his....!"
"I know, I know but well I suppose my pride wouldn't let me keep relying on him, the landlord is holding it for me until I have enough for the deposit."
Tae felt sorry for his friend but knew if he offered the money Jimin would feel embarrassed.. he patted his friends shoulder then went and sat back at his desk.
He saw Jungkook answer his phone and then rush out, he seemed to do that a lot lately, just saying he gone out to lunch with a friend if Tae asked.
"There he goes again, wonder who she is?"
"She..."
"Well could be he, whoever it is he's happy to be doing it, it's becoming regular, maybe he has decided to settle down."
Jimins heart stuttered, he breathed deeply, how would he be able to pretend he was happy if that news was announced.
He felt uneasy his head started to ache loneliness hitting him like a ton of bricks.
He carried on working but the headache got worse and Jungkook hadn't returned yet either.
He held his throbbing head and Tae noticed.
"Jimin go home you look awful, you've done more than enough today anyway."
Jimin didn't refuse like he normally would, he just closed his computer picked his things up, wished Tae goodbye and walked out .
He  slowly walked by the shops and Cafes his glance catching sight of Jungkook sitting with a young woman totally engrossed with whatever she was saying.
His fears recognised, Jimin walked faster wiping the tears from his face. When he got in he shut all the blinds and lay on his bed in the darkened room.
Nothing could have prepared him for the jealous feelings he had towards the women, he felt guilty she was probably a nice person.
He got up took something for his headache and climbed into his bed closing his eyes eventually drifting off.
Jungkook wasn't happy at the woman's words. She was a police colleague of his friend who was currently at the counter getting more coffees.
"So you've been looking into this man and his companies for a while?"
"Yes, people seem to have a habit of disappearing or dying around him."
His friend came back placing the coffees on the table.
"Jungkook..., I'm concerned for your friend...., paying off his debt may have put him in the firing line, this criminal doesn't let people go so easily."
"Jimin did say the interest just kept going up....., but now it's paid what can they do?"
"The mastermind behind all this uses fear, it's how he's accumulated so much money, he could potentially show up with a 'lost' amount of money that is attached to his parents loan which got overlooked."
"Hmmm, but I think Jimin would actually query that,"
"So..., he might then be threatened if he doesn't agree to it with dire consequences if he goes to the police."
"Fuck!!...sorry, " he said to the woman who just shrugged understandingly.
"The thing is Mr Jeon, we are closing in on him...., some other' victims' have been helping behind the scenes, they are understandingly scared but if no-one speaks out he just carries on."
"So what do you need to put him and his company down?"
"We need someone wearing a wire to trap him into admitting what he's done."
"No! It's too dangerous!"
"Jungkook it's the only way..., Jimin gets his life back his parents names are cleared and this false company pays out the victims."
"But how would he get the boss himself to talk to him, wouldn't it be his underlings?"
"Not if Jimin insisted , he could say grief didn't make him see before but now his mindset is different,"
"Damn it I don't like this....., how am I going to know if Jimin has been contacted, he doesn't even know I'm looking into this?"
The two police friends looked at each other.
"Aren't you his boyfriend , I thought that was why you were doing this?" The woman asked.
"I'm not his boyfriend I'm just a concerned....,friend"
"Ah, Kook you can lie to yourself if you want but you've got feelings for him!" His friend chuckled.
Jungkook actually blushed, making his friend laugh even more then in seriousness he said to Jungkook,
"Tell him, tell him what's going on..., the sooner the better they will make their move soon."
Jungkook nodded then said his goodbyes.
He arrived back at work only seeing Tae in the office, he presumed Jimin was at lunch but as the day went on there was no sign of him.
Jungkook got up and went into the other office,
"Where's Jimin?"
"Oh....,I forgot to tell you he went home, he didn't look well said his head hurt."
"Has he got something on his mind, is he stressed?"
"I don't know Kook, you know he doesn't let much out, I only found out today he used his necklace as a deposit....ooops! Maybe I shouldn't have let you know that!"
Jungkook clenched his hands, he knew how much that necklace meant to Jimin, had he been so desperate to get away from him?
"I'm leaving, what's Jimins address?"
Tae wrote it down,secretly pleased the other was showing concern for the other.
Jungkook left, stopping at a pharmacy on his way there, then remembering Jimins previous habits stopped at a convenience store.
He found the building and saw a man sweeping out the front, remembering Tae's words he went over to the man questioning him, following him into an office and coming out ten minutes later holding Jimins precious necklace in his hand.
Determinedly he went up the stairs finding the right door he knocked loudly.