Confused feelings

Jungkook had decided to travel back not stay the night, he was eager to see Jimin having only spoken in the morning.
The house was dark , Jimin must be asleep. He went quietly into his room but the blinds were open and moonlight shone through showing the room was empty.
He switched the light on , seeing the room looked clean and unused.
He went down to Jimins room the broken door ajar showing the room empty, switching on the light he saw the bed stripped and nothing to show Jimin was ever there.
He panicked what had happened...
He walked through the house switching lights on finally seeing a note on the kitchen counter.
Hey Jungkook
I'll probably see you before you read this but just in case..
I found a rental place isn't it great!....you can finally get your home back.
It's near work too so you don't need to be my chauffeur anymore.
I'm so grateful for all the help you gave me and the other stuff(had to lose the v card sometime right!)
I'm sorry if your reading this before I see you, it's weird I know, I'm not just up and leaving I'm forever going to remember what a good time we had.
Hopefully now you can find your forever person not a fling like me, I'm sure your dad will be pleased.
Anyway it's not like this is goodbye as we will see each other at work
Jimin
Jungkook slumped on the stool, Jimin was gone? He didn't look at the time he took his phone and rang Jimins number.
"Hello?" A sleepy voice eventually said.
"Jimin.......it's me."
"Jungkook? What's happened it's late...,has something happened to your parents?"
"No...., I just got back....,your not here..."
"Oh....I thought you were coming back tomorrow...., but I did leave a note...?"
"Yes, I read it....., why go now? Did my dad make you feel uncomfortable?"
"No...no, I just......, we'll I can't stay there forever can I ."
"But we...., well you know...."
"Jungkook..., your dad was right about you finding someone and you yourself called it a momentary fling right ..."
"But that doesn't mean you have to leave now?"
"So your potential partner.., you bring them home in there and you introduce me as what, the lodger, the bed warmer, the boy you fuck?"
Jungkook couldn't answer, he couldn't deny Jimins words but he didn't like it, he sighed.
"Do you need anything there?"
"I have the basics but will need to go out in my lunch break tomorrow to get bedding."
"So what are you sleeping in?!?!"
"I have a mattress and an dressed warmly and my jacket is over me."
"Damn it Jimin let me bring you some bedding..!"
"No Kookie, I'm fine I just need to sleep so should you, I'll see you at work,"
"Jim....." the phone clicked off frustrating the other but he didn't ring again.
A well of emotions surged through him, frustration, confusion, denial and concern.
He turned the lights off and went upstairs, eventually falling into bed but not able to sleep, wondering about Jimin being in his own, would he eat properly, was he safe...., thoughts like this whirled around in his head so that it was nearly four when he finally drifted off.
Jinn woke, stretching to get the aches out, this bed wasn't as comfortable as Jungkooks...
He washed and dressed eating a slice of toast before leaving, his hand went up to his empty throat, he usually touched the necklace and wished his parents peace, it was upsetting not to feel it there.
He got into work immediately getting on with a large file fully engrossed that he didn't hear the murmured voices in the corridor,
"Jimin, you got in early,"
"Shit Tae you made me jump!!"
"Hi Jimin..."
Jimin looked up  seeing Jungkook in the doorway behind Tae, dark circles under his eyes.
"Hi Kookie, you look like you haven't slept why didn't you stay in bed?you got back late...."
"How do you know?" Tae asked
"I um, ....."
"I didn't see Jimins note until after I called him."
Jungkooks explanation seemed to  make light of it so Tae believed him.
"How was your new place Jimin? It's a bit compact for me."
"You've seen it?"
"Yer I helped Jimin move his stuff in."
Jungkook frowned a little at this.
"It's fine Tae, it's affordable and clean.
Tae looked at all the work Jimin had done,
"You really do love your work don't you, how long have you been here?"
"Um...., I just woke up early so I thought I'd get in."
"Ha bet your bed wasn't as comfy as the ones at Kooks right."
"No, not as comfy but I'll get used to it, I have to get some bedding though today."
"Jimin you could have taken some from my house."
"Kookie you have done quite enough for me as it is but thank you for the thought."
"Mmm," Jungkook went to leave but turned back staring at Jimin.
"What have I got pen  on my face?" Jimin asked as he had a habit of tapping the pen on his cheek.
"No..., but...., where's your chain?"
Jimin gulped how come Jungkook was that observant?
"Oh er probably at my flat..," he lied.
"I thought you never took it off, didn't you tell me your parents got you it?"
Jimin was saved from answering by Hobi appearing.
"Er Jungkook can I have a word?"
Jungkook nodded walking to his office, Hobi following.
"What's up?"
"Well,Erm , that payout you did to Jimins debtor, it made me feel uneasy."
"Hobi, I told you if I pay it off he doesn't incur any more charges he's not a gold digger, he insists on paying me back."
"No it's not that and I don't think for a minute Jimin is like that he's too honest ."
"Well what's the problem?"
"I used a few of my contacts to...., we'll something seemed wrong so I got them to look into it,"
"And?"
"Jimin had to pay off three groups, two were already done the third only started adding interest after the other two were paid off...., the other two companies were part of the thirds group...., I think it's a con."
"But how ?"
Jimins parents, probably his father was looking for investors to loan  him money for an investment that should have been guaranteed.  He got some of  it from company C, who asked to become shareholders in the investment, but Jimins father declined saying he wanted it to go to his son and that was why he was going to other investors too as people prefer to loan smaller amounts than one big amount that may not get returns back quickly enough. His father then got loans from A and B, but unbeknown to him they were subsidiaries of C."
"So ? He used his other companies why does it make it a con?"
"The investment was starting to show good returns, but the companies were getting the minimum payment back, which although had interest added wasn't as good a deal as if shares were owned .
I....I don't think his parents death was an accident..., the car crash was too convenient ..., as soon as they died within a week the debtors were harassing Jimin for repayments,all 'three' of them. The investment was taken over by an interested company offering to pay a third of the loans to each loan company and Ta da, guess who was the buyer..., no actual money changed hands but Jimin was probably shown forms to make it look like it."
"Fuck!!This is serious Hobi..., can we get any evidence?"
"My contacts can only look so far but if they found that then maybe the police could look further? Haven't you got a detective friend?"
"Eunwoo...., I can try, send me all the details and I'll contact him see what he can do."
"Should we tell Jimin?"
"No..., not yet, not until it's verified can you imagine telling him his parents were killed oh and by the way you needn't have been living like you have these past years!"
"Your right, ok I'll send it over, I hope things can be put right..., Jimin probably wasn't in the right frame of mind when it happened, he wouldn't have suspected anything."
Jungkook nodded and Hobi left.
Damn, hadn't Jimin suffered enough, what if it was all true, how would it affect him....
He felt a pain in his heart at the thought of the small male suffering..., what was it about him that made him feel so attached, it was a fling like many others he'd had but he didn't want to let him go......
He sighed, Jimin obviously wasn't as bothered he showed no signs of it and hadn't thought twice about moving out. Fuck, he needed to stop thinking about him and get on with some work.
That lasted all of fifteen minutes until he read the report Hobi sent, he got on the phone straight away.
"Hey,Eunwoo  I need some help, yes of the police sort , what now? Sure meet me at the cafe we like I'll bring my laptop and show you something.ok see you there in twenty minutes ."
He took his laptop and walked out of his office just as Tae and Jimin were coming from the staff room carrying coffee,he nodded to them and spoke to Hobi who was sitting at his desk.
"Hobi , I have to go out , my friend wants to chat about that matter I spoke earlier with you. I'm not sure when I'll be back."
Hobi nodded glancing at Jimin then putting his head back down to his work .
"Jungkook didn't say he was going out earlier," Tae quizzed Hobi.
"Oh you know him, fingers in many pies, oh coffee, I think I'll go get myself one."
He disappeared before Tae could ask anymore questions.
"Poor Kookie, he looks so tired, he shouldn't work so hard,"
"Aw your so cute when your concerned !"
"Hush up you!!" Jimin said feeling himself blush.
"Had Jimin got a crush...."
Tae ran, burning his hands with the hot coffee as Jimin ran after him to stop his taunts.
"Ow,it's hot!!!!"
"Serves you right you alien!!"
The pair disappeared into their office squabbling playfully, Hobi coming back to his desk stared after them a look if worry on his face.