5. Overtime

Song of the chapter: Overtime X Chris Brown

Nicki

I wake up to a pounding headache,  and my phone ringing

I wake up to a pounding headache,  and my phone ringing. It must sound louder because I have a mad hanger over. I groan, reaching over to grab my cellphone, without even looking at the contact, my head was hurting so bad I couldn't even open my eyes at the moment. It was the jail calling me, I shouldn't even except the call, but I just do it.

" Anika, baby I miss you", Kentrell says in a soft tone.

" I... I miss you too Ken", I say, looking up at the ceiling.

" Look Ion give a fuck about no tattoo. I can't lose you over no petty shit like that", he says,  catching me by suprise. He hardly ever apologizes to me.

" You don't?" I ask him, not knowing what to say.

" Nah I don't, I know it's hard with me being in here ma but please just keep holding me down", he pleads, I can hear the emotion in his tone.

Sure I had a great time with Von and I do plan to see him again... but I had so many years with Kentrell, I can't just throw all of that away. In relationships you have ups and downs, things happen, people cheat. But I just couldn't leave Kentrell in a state like this. He really needed me. I was the only person around him that wasn't using him. He couldn't even trust his own momma, I was all he had. He knew those other hoes he was sending money was using him, they didn't or never will love him or have him the way I do.

" I got you baby", I reply, my tone light.

" I knew you would, I want you to come see me this coming weekend ", he says in a cheerful tone.

" I can try to clear my schedule up to come to see you, hopefully I can get someone to fill if I need them too", I say to him.

" I understand if you cant,  we'll just figure it out if you cant come this week", he says.

" Yeah we will", I say, my phone starts to buzz signaling I had a text, a smile spreads across my face seeing that it was Von telling me to come to the front door.