Chapter 1: Back to the 80's

The loud blare of your phone alarm blasted in your ear. You groaned as you snatched your phone, hitting snooze.

"I really need to lower that damn ringer."

You sighed as you dangled your legs over your bed. You extended your arms and legs, stretching. Then you sprung up from your bed to prepare for the day.

After what seemed like forever, you and your best friend, Olivia Banks, are meeting up today after not seeing each other for over 3 years. It was you who reached out to her. You felt like, after high school, the two of you drifted apart, so you wanted to rekindle that relationship. (You also needed more friends.)

After texting for a bit, you both decided to meet up. Surprisingly, Olivia still lived in your hometown of Hurricane Utah. On the contrary, you moved into the city after high school. Which is where you get yourself a job in the IT department of a semi larger corporation. The job wasn't too bad, and it paid well, so you were well satisfied.

Once you get yourself dressed and ready, you check the time. "1:05, that's pretty good timing." You remarked. You grabbed your keys off the kitchen counter and your bag off the hanger and left the house. You sent a quick text to Olivia, and you were off.

The drive was long, but you had your handy dandy energy drink to keep you alive. Olivia sent you the address to the restaurant where you would be having lunch. Although you didn't really need it. Even though you haven't been in Hurricane for a couple years you still knew your way around, especially with the restaurant you were going to Jeff's Pizza.

As teens, you and Olivia would always go to Jeff's after school. You guys would hang out and drink orange soda, but the main reason you two would go there was that it was rumored to be an original Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. So being curious teens, you would wander the halls and spare rooms when Jeff would go in the back.

Those were the good old days.

Olivia was already at the restaurant. You knew because you could recognize her baby blue BMW from a mile away. You parked your car and headed into the pizzeria. It was easy to find where Olivia was sitting; she was the only person there besides Jeff, who was at the counter. You politely smiled at him and walked over to Olivia's booth.

"(Y/n)!" She exclaimed.

"Hey! It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"It's been too long! How the hell are you?" She asked with her never faulting energy.

"I've been good; I finally paid my college debt. How about you?"

"I've been great! I finished fashion school and have started my own small business."

Olivia has always had a knack for fashion. In your opinion, she was always the most stylish at school, more than those popular bimbos.

"That's great. I've been stuck in an office-type job working in IT. It's not the worst thing ever. It has some cool perks but not as cool as pursuing your dream in fashion."

"That may be true, but you're for sure getting paid better than I am. My business hasn't really shot up yet, but it will; I just got to give it time." Olivia hummed.

Silence fell upon you both. Your eyes wandered around the oddly large area to try and start a new convo. That was when your eyes landed on the tapped-off ball pit. A smile drew on your face.

"Hey, remember when we were younger, and we would see who could last the longest in the ball pit?"

A reminiscent grin formed on your friend's face.

"Yeah, I can't believe we ever did that." "We were both competitive no matter what we were doing."

"I'm sure if we were to go into that pit again, I most likely would win." You smugly stated.