Chapter 3: Bathroom Conversations

You tried to hide your expression when the realization hit you. You relaxed your eyes, placed a light smile on your face, and kept your posture normal.

Although on the inside, you were freaking the fuck out. Most of your childhood was spent hearing rumors surrounding the mysteries of Freddy's and the Afton family.

"Dead kids were stuffed in the suits!"
"The animatronics were haunted by the spirits of the kids!"
"The animatronics would kill the night guards and stuff them in suits!"

Then, of course, some people lied for attention.

"Oh yeah, my dad worked there and saw the kids get stuffed in the suits!"    "William Afton tried to kill my mom but fought him off!"    "I'm actually related to the Aftons!"

You never believed those ones. But there were some you could see being true, like the kids being stuffed in the animatronic suits. It's a good hiding spot where no one would look. But the robots being haunted was a little far-fetched.

Nonetheless, you were still always intrigued by the mysteries of Freddy's. Probably because you grew up in the town it happened in, and you were always a sucker for mysteries and murder cases. But that doesn't mean you want to be in a room with one unarmed.

"Have you ever heard of it?"

You snapped out of your thoughts and focused back on Afton.

"Oh, I think so. It sounds familiar."

The room then fell silent again, and Afton kept his gaze on you. Guess you felt unnerved before for a reason. It was quiet for another minute till Mrs. Afton shouted from the kitchen, saying dinner was ready.

Two pairs of patterning footsteps came from upstairs. You and Afton walked into the kitchen, and flowing behind were two young kids. One is the boy you saw earlier, and the other is a girl with bright orange hair. She looked up at you with her wide green eyes.

"Who are you?"

You were about to answer her when Afton cut you off.

"She's the lovely lady who found Mum's wallet, so we invited her for dinner."

Afton placed his hand on your shoulder. The slight grip he had made you feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Oh! Well, it's nice to meet you, miss. I'm Elizabeth."

She reached out her tiny hand, wanting you to shake it. Your heart melted at this child's cuteness. Unfortunately, children nowadays are completely intolerable assholes.

The other day, when you were out for a walk, some girl kicked you in the leg for no reason. If you were mentally ill, like Afton, you would have punted the girl like a football.

You gently took Elizabeth's hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you too. My name is (y/n)" You kindly smiled.

"That's such a pretty name!" "Oh, and that's my older brother Mikey."

You turned to the boy, who gave you a slight head nod. He looked exhausted. There were visible dark circles under his eyes. Poor kid.

"Alright, kids, go wash up before you eat," Afton said, letting go of your shoulder.

The two then hurried into the kitchen to wash their hands. Next, you and Afton walked to the kitchen table, where you sat. Mrs. Afton then brought over the plates and sat them down before you. Next, Elizabeth and Mike joined the table, and their dishes were served. Then finally, Mrs. Afton sat herself down.

Everyone started to cut their food, so you did the same. It was quiet at the table, no one spoke, and you respected that. It was more of an American thing to be chatty during dinner, and judging by their accents, they were very much so British. Except for Mrs. Afton, she was very American.