Chapter 7: A Cup of Tea

The warm, familiar scent of freshly brewed tea flooded your nostrils. You fluttered your eyes open and sat up. The first thing you noticed was that you were on the couch cozily wrapped in a blanket.

Another thing you noticed was how distressed the Afton residence looked. Pictures that hung on the wall were missing or crooked, small pieces of trash were on the floor, and empty liquor bottles lined the coffee table.

Along with the bottles, you also saw a few pieces of paper on the table. You picked one up and realized it was a photo of a little girl with bright green eyes and long orange hair. Instantly, you knew it was Elizabeth. She's not hard to miss with her hair color. "I wonder why her photos are around the —" Suddenly, you stopped.

You realized what it meant.

You put the photos back and sat in silence. While you knew a lot about the Afton family and Freddy's; Elizabeth's disappearance was never really documented. Rumors said she went missing, but it was never confirmed if that was true or not. You always wanted to know what happened to her.

Then the lightbulb in your brain went off.

You actually can find out what happened, and the source is lurking around this house. All you need to do is find Afton and ask him what he knows. The still-apparent scent of tea gave you a place to start, the kitchen.

You stood from the couch and headed towards the opening. You peeked your head around the corner and saw the small space was vacant. However, there was a cup of tea sitting on the counter. While the smell was enticing, you decided not to. Mainly because you don't trust Afton, so god knows what he could've put in it.

Leaving the kitchen, you went back to the living room to think. There wasn't anywhere else to look besides upstairs. And as much as you wanted to explore, you figured it'd be better to wait.

Just to be safe.

You plopped back onto the beige-colored couch and shut your eyes. As you let the silence engulf you, your ears picked up on a faint noise. The more you focused on it, the louder you could hear it.

It was some sort of cranking sound. It was as if someone was tightening a nut or a bolt. Suddenly, it stopped. After a few seconds, it started up again.

This time, you got up and followed where the sound was coming from. It was challenging, but eventually, it led you to a door. The first thing you did was cup your hands around your ear and place them against the door.

There, you could hear the prominent sound of the crank and muffled talking. You pressed yourself further to the door when you felt it click into place.

You froze and held your breath. The other side of the door fell silent. In the moment you didn't know what to do. You should've run or at least said something, but alas, you didn't.

So you stayed centimeters away from the door when it abruptly swung open.

Before you could react, a sharp pain ruptured through your nose. The edge of the door had whacked you straight in your face. You clutched your nose and stumbled backward. And as soon as you knew it, you collided with the drywall.

"Oh shit—" A mechanical voice spoke.

"Are you alright?"

You raise your head to see a tall yellow rabbit standing above you.

"Back the fuck up!" You shouted.

You tried to move away, but the wall prevented you.

"Hey – hey, calm down. It's me."

The yellow rabbit reached up and removed his head. Underneath was the familiar face of Afton. Your body was still pumping with adrenaline to realize that he had knelt down.