Chapter 4: Going back Home

Notes:

This is going to be a really short chapter due to the fact this is where part 1 of the story ends. I plan on writing this in 3 segments, hopefully finishing it by the end of this year,

____________________________________________________________

You took a deep breath and spoke,

"After your son's death, you slowly descended into madness. First, you supposedly kill many kids at multiple Freddy locations, including Henry Emily's daughter. Then one night, you left your house and never returned." "Now do you see why I was so scared of you?"

Afton just stared at you. It was hard to tell what his expression was. He was surly surprised but also not at the same time. Like he knew he would kill people.

"Now, was that so hard, darling?"

"Kinda, yeah." You snarked.

Afton rolled his eyes and walked to the bathroom. He unlocked it and opened it for you.

"Thank you for cooperating with me (y/n)." "You can go now, although I'd advise you to return to the kitchen; you'll get to Freddy's quicker by car."

Afton then walked out and shut the door.

You stood in the bathroom for a few seconds, recollecting everything that had happened. Then you looked up at the door. Afton was right. The car would be faster...

"Goddamnit"

You cussed and swung open the door. You walked back into the kitchen and found Mrs. Afton and Afton chatting. The table was cleaned, and Michael and Elizabeth were in the family room. When Afton noticed you, he smiled and turned to his wife.

"I'll be right back, sweetheart. I'm going to drop (y/n) off at her house."

"Alright, Will, be safe." Mrs. Afton said, kissing her husband's cheek. "Thank you again (y/n) for returning my wallet."

"You're welcome, and thank you for having me for dinner."

"Oh, it was the least I could do. Have a goodnight, dear. Oh! And feel free to come back at any time!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Afton. Have a goodnight." You smiled back.

"Ready (y/n) darling?" Afton asked, grinning as he placed his hand on your shoulder. You felt even more unnerved around him than before.

"Yup, ready as I'll ever be."

He guided you through the garage to his car. You honestly weren't surprised to see that it was purple. He opened the passenger door for you, and you hopped in. The moment Afton got into the car, you realized how bad of an idea this was. You're trapped in a vehicle with a soon-to-be psychotic murderer with already murderous tendencies. 

You sat quietly as he pulled out of the garage and drove into the street. Neither of you spoke during the drive. Occasionally Afton would hum to a song on the radio but nothing more. You weren't going to engage with Afton unless he directly spoke to you.

Thankfully he actually brought you to Freddy's. You figured he would bring you to the woods and kill you there. After all, you technically don't exist, can't identify someone who isn't real. 

He pulled into an employee-only parking spot and turned off the car. You both got out and walked to the door. The sun was nearly set, bringing a hazy orange look across the town. You guessed it must've been around 7 pm.

Freddy's was still open, with fewer people inside than in their bustling afternoon hours. Once inside, you and Afton walked over to the ball pit. Oddly enough, no one was in it. Afton stood behind you as you looked down into the pit.

"It was lovely meeting you, sweetheart. I wish we could have chatted longer."

You glared back at him, already getting sick from his endearments.

"I'm not. I'm glad to go back home, away from you."

Amused by your attitude, Afton chuckled, 

"Ah, you're all feisty now, knowing you're safe–"  He then bent over slightly to meet your eye to eye. "But you're not safe darling, I'll be keeping my eye on you."

A shiver ran down your spine. He wasn't being serious, he was just trying to mess with you. He's dead in your time. Isn't he?

 Before you could say anything he stood straight up and cheerfully smiled at you.

"Before you go I'd like to give you something." Afton reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card. "A souvenir." He grinned.

It was like he flipped a switch from manic to sweet. Bipolar ass mother fucker.

You hesitantly took the card and put it in your pocket. At least you got something to prove you time traveled. You turned away from Afton and stepped into the pit, sitting down. 

Before you went under, you glanced back at Afton. You didn't say anything to him, just stared at him. You couldn't. Not with his psychotic smile on his face.

Just like last time you plugged your nose and lowered yourself fully into the pit. You were going to hold your breath for as long as possible like you did the first time, hoping it would work. You didn't want to be stuck here, especially with Afton. At that point he might as well kill you.

When you couldn't hold your breath any longer, you popped up and let out an exasperated cough as if vast amounts of dust had entered your system.

"Oh wow, a minute and 10 seconds!"

You whipped your head towards Olivia and stared at her like a deer in headlights. You then looked around. The paint chipped walls, the cracked checkered floors, the seemingly dead restaurant.

You were back home.

____________________________________________________________

Notes:

This concludes the end of part 1 like I mentioned earlier. I'll try and stay motivated enough to write the next parts. Until then stay tuned.