Chapter 2: New Friends and New Conflicts

The first thing you went to was the arcade. The flashing lights and classic video game tunes you recognized drew you in. On the side was a small machine that took bills and turned them into Faz coins. 

You pulled a five from your pocket and inserted it into the machine. It processed for a second, then spat your five back out. You grabbed it and smoothed it against your leg, and put it back in. Once more, it rejected your money. You tried another two times and decided it wasn't going to work. Who knows, maybe money from the future doesn't work.

"Having trouble?"

You turned around to see a man peering over you. He was dressed in business attire. You assumed he works here. "Oh yeah, it won't take the money."

"Ah yes, this machine has been acting up recently. Here I'll give you the coins manually." The man bent down, pulled out a key, and popped open the machine.

"How much were you trying to put into love?"

"Just a five." You said, handing him the semi-crinkly bill. He took it and placed it with the other fives. "Alright, here you go, darling, 15 faz coins."

He dropped the golden coins in your hands.

"If you have any troubles again with the machine, ask an employee, and they'll come to get me." He said and flashed you a charming smile.

"I will. Thanks for the help Mr. –" You squint your eyes, trying to read the tiny print on his name tag.

"Afton." He finished for you grinning.

"Huh, that's odd?" You could swear that name sounds familiar but why? "Well, thanks, Mr. Afton. I'll let you know if the machine acts up again." You smiled.

And with that, you walked off to the skee ball machine. As you did, Afton kept his eyes on you, watching.

____________________________________

You probably fiddled around in the arcade for an hour. You played games that didn't require many coins, and you didn't want to use any more your cash in an arcade anymore. You will eventually need to buy food. You were pretty sure your card won't work, so cash it is. 

You only had a twenty, one 5, and a couple singles. That should last you a good while. You will only be here for a couple more hours anyway. Originally you were going to eat at Freddy's, but it was getting deafening in there. 

The combination of music, singing, and children screaming was starting to give you a headache, and god forbid you had brought Advil.

Exiting Freddy's, you began to wander about. Surprisingly enough, you found a McDonald's a couple blocks down. All you had was a simple burger with fries and a shake. It was cheap and filling, although you did have a craving for pizza. 

Most of the pizza places around your apartment are incredibly overpriced, so you never got a pizza that much. So when Olivia suggested meeting up at Jeff Pizza (which was way cheaper than the other places), you couldn't help but crave pizza. Unfortunately, due to unfortunate events, you didn't get that pizza. Maybe you'll get some later when you go back to Freddy's.

You got up from your chair and threw away your garbage. Then you left McDonald's and started to explore a bit. Most of the landscape was the same, with a couple differences here and there, but everything was okay. There were more shops, though, than the current Hurricane held. You started peeking through each establishment's windows and got caught up in window shopping. 

So much so that you spent two hours doing it. It had to be around 4 pm. It was like that time of day when the sun was lower in the sky but not low enough to cast a sunset. Time seemed to fly by; it was probably time to return to Freddy's and go home.