Chapter 9

Y/n pov

'Think think think! I can't let him see the back of my neck, he sees that tattoo and it's all over.' I thought

I felt him place a hand on my shoulder.

"Miss, I need to know if you are in contact with a demon. That's all I ask." Still to this day I can't look Sanemi in the eye when I'm nervous.

"I.....I....." I can't find the words. Whether it be my windpipe broke or the fact that I'm scared of being caught I can't speak.

"Just take me to your house. I promise I will protect you if something happens. It's my job to get rid of these monsters."

I simply started walked, hoping that Akaza hadn't come back yet and was in the house.

We reached the house and Sanemi follow closely behind me. Akaza wasn't here so this gave me some ease.

"You live alone?" Sanemi asked.

"Yup, just me here."

Sanemi reached the kitchen and saw the damaged wall.

Sanemi pov

I look at the damaged wall that was in the kitchen. It was very obvious that something was wrong here.

The wall, the girls voice, the bite on her neck, and the way she talked. I don't think she is a demon, but there is something about her that reminds me of Y/n.

When I received the message that Y/n had run off on her own I didn't believe it at first. But I should have known something was wrong and she was upset about Rengoku's death.

I may not have been as close to her as Rengoku was, but we still were close. I just wish she would have told me before running off so I could help her.

After months had passed they couldn't find her and labeled her as dead, but I refuse to accept she was dead. She was way too powerful to die so easily.

Which is why when I heard that there was a mission at a village near where her crow last saw her, I immediately took it. In hopes that maybe she was alive and was in danger or in hiding.

Now here I am, trying to figure out if this girl is Y/n or some other person who is in possible danger.

She had the hair color and face of Y/n, but with that broken windpipe and different appearance there wasn't a lot to go off. Except for one thing that can separate her from a crowd.

"Sorry if this seems of topic, but do you have a fan in your house? I don't know about you but it's too hot in here to not have a fan."

She seemed puzzled at the fact I asked about a fan. But since it is nearing summer time, it was perfect to ask a question I knew the answer to if it was Y/n.

"I must apologize, I don't have a fan because I mostly run cold and don't need it to keep cool." She said. Bingo.

Y/n would always complain that the only downside to learning Ice breathing was that she was always cold. Now I just need one more piece of evidence that this is really Y/n.

'Wait. Y/n's tattoo on her neck.' It just clicked in my mind. But how do I get a good look at her neck without making her more scared than she is now?

"Sorry for asking so many questions ma'am, but can I just get a better look at that bite mark on your neck." I said standing up and walking toward her. I could tell she was nervous, like she was hiding a big secret or something.

"I-its perfectly fine. Like I said, I got attacked awhile back and the scar hasn't faded." She said taking a few steps back.

"Well I just want to get a closer look at it. A demon slayer can usually tell what kind of demon attack by looking at a survivor's scars." I lied, it was nessasary.

She step back into a wall, now she is trapped. I hate to do this to her, I would hate it even more if I scared this girl only for it not to be Y/n.

"Just let me see the bite, and I'll leave, I promise."

She looked hesitant, scared that I was going to find something I shouldn't find.

"Just a quick look, I'm not very fond of people looking at my scars." She said as she moved her hair out the way.

I stepped closer to her and looked at the bite mark. Sure enough it was a demon's bite mark, and it only seemed to be about a week or two since it was made. I took this chance to quickly move her hair from her neck to see if the tattoo was there.

And there it was, the same tattoo that read 'Evil' on her neck. The same tattoo that Y/n had shown me after finally opening up to me.

But why is she here? Why is she hiding? What demon bit her on the neck? And what exactly happened in this house that caused that damage to the wall?

I pretended to not notice the tattoo and dismissed myself out of the house. I told her I'll be back to check on things and told her if she needed help to come see me.

I didn't bother asking her what happened. I could already tell something was up. I didn't know if I should go and tell Ubuyashiki about this or not.

"I'll just finished up the mission and head back. It's not like she is going anywhere besides that house." I said to myself as I walked away from the house.

Y/n pov

That was close, to close infact! Did he see my tattoo? No, I think he would have said something before leaving.

I decided to try and clear my mind by taking a bath. So much has happened over the past couple of days that I haven't had time to relax nor get back in my usual routine.

I guess it isn't to late to start doing again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Me: *making up 5 diffrent story ideas for diffrent shows and stuff in my head'

Akaza fanfic in the corner: Really?

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I've been busy recently with moving and finishing up school so I haven't had a lot of time to write.

But here it is, another chapter done! I hope you all have a good day/night. Bye!