Chapter 13

Y/n pov

"Y/n?"

"Ryo?"

Sure enough, there stood Ryo. Though he looked completely different from when I last saw him. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks, and he looked surprised to see me as well.

"I thought you looked familiar. Heh, you haven't changed that much." He laughed nervously as he looked to the side.

"You....Im....." He seemed to not know what to say.

"Don't bother apologizing. I've already forgiven a lot of things since then."

He looked surprised at my words. Probably not expecting my soft tone of voice.

"I guess you have changed a little bit. You've become.... nicer almost."

He finally decided to sit down on the farthest side of the bench.

"You've changed as well. Though it doesn't look like for the best." He looked almost mentally and physically drained.

"Oh, I guess I have change. And I wouldn't say it's all bad. I got married, got a good job, and I even have a kid." He smiles as looks at the fish in the lake.

"That explains why you look like a zombie right now." I laugh a little bit. He also laughs along with me.

"Well, they never explained how tiring it is taking care of a kid. Sometimes you just gotta take a break from it, it's why I came here actually."

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"So, has the big scary Y/n found a lover yet?" Ryo ask out of nowhere.

"Well...." I start to trail off, Akaza popping up in my head. "You could say I met someone."

We continued talking for a little, catching up with each other. Of course, I left out some parts of what happened, such as falling in love with my friend's killer.

"Well, I best be going back now. Don't wanna keep my wife busy with the kid for too long." He stood up from the bench and turn to face me.

I stood up as well and walked over to him.

"It was nice seeing you again Ryo." I gave him a small hug. He hesitated hugging me back, but he eventually return the hug.

"Maybe while I'm here I can meet you're wife, she sounds like she's very nice."

"Heh, she may sound nice, but she's got the strength of a bear." Sounds like his wife is a perfect fit for him.

We said our goodbyes and walked away from each other. It was nice to meet him again and to see him change.

More days past, and it seemed like my parents grew closer to Akaza as well. He was very helpful around the house and did everything he could to help. Everything was great, better than ever even. But of course, good things don't last long.

"You know your friend has been wondering about you." My mom said during our relaxing time.

"Are you talking about Ryo? I talked to him the other day." I took a sip of my tea.

"No, not him. The one you work with, with all the scars and white hair. I think he had a younger brother as well."

I slightly choked on my tea as I froze up. Akaza freezing up as well. We glanced at each other, know who exactly she was talking about.

"You, haven't said anything about me have you?" I asked my mom, I already knew Sanemi was looking for me, but to go as far as to visit my parents was something I'd never expected out of him.