6. Distress Calls

The base was cleared except for the four of them. Everyone was in their safe rooms except for the people Cal was clearly targeting.

But they had a plan.

Kind of.

The four had run to the jet hangar, where many Quinjets and other various vehicles were stored. Now they just had to get Cal there too.

.

"Jemma!" Fitz shouted.

They were in one of the halls that led into the jet hangar.

"But Wanda!" Simmons shouted back at Fitz as she ran down the hallway to him.

"Just run!" Fitz shouted, and the two hurried towards the jet hangar.

Thankfully, the noise attracted the attention of Cal. He peeked out of one of the rooms that were connected to the hall, catching sight of Fitzsimmons running past the doorway.

He grinned and ran out the door, chasing after them.

Wanda, who was a bit behind them, found strength in herself to conjure a hex that she threw on Cal. He was thrown into the jet hangar, then held steadily just an inch above the ground.

Then, as he looked towards Wanda with mad eyes, Coulson drove a car right into him, crashing and pinning him against the jet hangar wall.

Wanda released her magic as he found himself stuck in between the now parked car, and the sturdy wall.

Coulson got out of the car and Wanda walked into the room, making her way around the car to get to Fitzsimmons.

"You ready now Cal? Cause we need to talk." Coulson stated.

Wanda glanced to Fitzsimmons and they nodded, exiting the hangar together. Wanda stood still, not holding any magic just yet but preparing herself just in case.

"This won't hold me for long, Phil." Cal warned, mustering up strength and pushing the car backwards.

"It'll hold you long enough." Coulson replied, turning to Wanda.

She flicked her wrist, grunting slightly as she forced magic to shove the car back into Cal, causing the man to groan in pain.

Coulson walked closer to Cal, no longer showing signs of fear.

"The hangar's been emptied, locked down. It's just us Cal. To have a little chat-" He spoke as he stepped within a few feet of Cal.

"When I get free, I'll rip your voice box out of your throat." Cal reached out to Coulson as he threatened him, but Coulson only leaned backwards a touch and was safe.

"- And try to come to our senses." Coulson finished. "Either we walk out of here together, or not at all. You got it? We all want the same thing."

"What I want is to snap your spine like celery."

"See I don't think you really do."

"Well, let's test your hypothesis." Cal leaned his arm against the hood of the car.

"Oh, I think you're willing to. But 'want's a different thing. What we both want is to protect your daughter." Coulson replied. "You're a family man-"

"Who is sick of you sticking your nose in our business." Cal cut him off.

"It was your devotion to them that made you willing to do those terrible things all those years ago, wasn't it?"

"Shut up."

"Nightmarish acts of violence that you didn't want to commit, did you?" Coulson asked. Cal grunted against the car again, but Wanda held her magic firm so he was stuck. "Your wife made you do it."