15. A Man in Trouble

A couple of days had passed since they'd rescued Simmons.

She seemed to be getting better.

"Simmons didn't have to go through quarantine, which is good, all things considered." Coulson informed the group.

Mack, Bobbi, Wanda, and Fitz stood around the lab talking with Coulson.

"What exactly are these 'things' that we're 'considering'?" Mack asked.

"Everything that comes with being on another planet for months." Bobbi replied.

"Different atmosphere, different levels of oxygenation, different microgravity. Every system in her body is out of whack." Fitz added. "Cardiovascular, inner ear, respiratory, all got used to being.. not here."

"Labs indicate oxidative stress, vitamin D deficiency, upper respiratory irritation." Bobbi included.

"Any mention of life, intelligent or otherwise?" Coulson asked.

"Some flora. No fauna." Bobbi replied.

"She said she was being hunted." Fitz mumbled.

"What?" Mack asked. "Hunted by what?"

"She didn't say. I don't know if she even knows." Fitz replied.

"My God." Coulson muttered. "Imagine her having to go through all that alone, for that long.."

"Well thanks to Fitz, she doesn't have to anymore." Wanda stated.

Fitz glanced down slightly as Coulson turned to him.

"Monitor her physical health." Coulson instructed. "I've got to call in to Dr. Garner. Her mental health is just as important."

Dr. Garner had left since he taught psych at a college and unfortunately couldn't stay for more than a night. And after doing his assessment with Joey, he didn't know how long he'd be needed so he left again.

Daisy walked into the room as Coulson talked.

"But don't push her." He added. "She'll open up when she's ready."

Coulson glanced to Wanda and she nodded, turning away from the group so she could walk down to where Daisy stood, along with Coulson.

"What's wrong?" Wanda asked.

"Lincoln's in trouble." Daisy said.

Coulson began to exit the room, gesturing for Daisy to give the explanation while Wanda walked along side.

"The ATCU issued a nation-wide BOLO. FBI, Homeland Security, local police, all notified. Sent them Lincoln's resume and headshot." Daisy informed them.

"Sound's like the ATCU's getting desperate." Coulson retorted.

"What are they gonna do when they find him?" Daisy asked, handing Coulson a tablet. "I'm guessing it won't be awesome. He needs help."

The three came to a stop in the main room as Coulson reviewed the information on the screen in front of him.

"Well we've gone to Lincoln more than once. He doesn't want our help." Wanda stated.

"It doesn't mean he deserves to be hunted like a fugitive. Not to mention there's a giant with a grudge looking to kill him." Daisy argued.

"Which is why we need to bring him in." Coulson agreed. "Now."

"That would be the plan if we knew where to find him, but he's not messaging me back and I-" Daisy stopped herself when she saw the look that Coulson was giving to Wanda. "What?"