7. Attack on the Carrier

Incoming Call: Agent May: QJ-32

Coulson quickly pressed confirm.

"We're on our way back." May told him.

"Did you find Bobbi?" Wanda asked.

"Yes. Hunter found her. It was a trap from Ward to kill us. There was a loaded gun ready to shoot Hunter when he opened the door but Bobbi pushed herself in front of the way. I don't know if she'll make it." May explained.

"Did you find Ward?" Coulson asked.

"No. He got away from us." May cursed silently.

Wanda didn't know who Ward was, but judging by the thoughts filling Coulson's head, he wasn't a good guy.

"How far out are you?" Coulson asked.

"Not very. How are things with Cal?"

"He calmed. He's going to help us."

May gave a slightly concerned look. "I'll see you soon."

"Contact Simmons and let her know everything so she can get things ready." Coulson ordered.

"Already on it."

Call ended

.

Fitz ran into Coulson's office, carrying some sort of device that Wanda didn't recognize.

"Sir! Good news." He exclaimed.

Coulson turned to him as he hurried over to explain the device.

"I've modified my field generators to act in unison as a Quantum Field Disrupter." Fitz said, quite proud of himself.

"Great, you're saying you found a way to shut down Gordon's teleportation ability?" Coulson asked to confirm.

Fitz's pride diminished.

"Well now my news sounds less good." He sighed.

"Oh, sorry."

"The Disrupter should keep him contained to a single space." Fitz replied.

"I'll take anything." Coulson said. "We have Quinjets flying in from all over the world right now to answer the SOS with us. It'll be nice to have something more to offer them than an encouraging thumbs up."

The two began walking out of Coulson's office, so Wanda quickly hurried over to walk behind them.

"What about Hunter, May, and Bobbi?" Fitz asked.

"Landing any moment." Coulson replied.

The three hurried back to one of the main rooms where Simmons was now in an actual science/doctor outfit. The unbroken items from the lab were now spread out in the main room and Coulson gave a slightly confused look.

"Cal destroyed the lab so it's unusable right now. This is our best option. We'll make it work."

"Any update from May on Bobbi's condition?"

"They've slowed the bleeding. She's holding on, but barely. We'll see." Simmons said, her voice going quiet at the end.

"Okay. And is Cal stable enough to join the mission on the Carrier?"

"Why would you want Cal-?"
"That doesn't sound like a good idea."

Simmons and Fitz talked over each other. Before Coulson could reply, the doors to the main room opened.

May, Hunter, and two more agents were pushing a moving bed with a very unstable Bobbi laying on it.

"Gunshot wound to the upper back, exit wound in the chest. Pulse is 140 and weak. BP's 60 over 30." May said quickly.