16. Stories

Wanda's heart thumped in her chest as she slowly opened the door back into the room.

She watched as Lincoln and Daisy's lips separated from one another. Gross, but also that did not make it any easier to say what she was about to say.

"I'll go in with you." Lincoln told Daisy. "I'm not agreeing to work with SHIELD, but with you."

"We'll figure it out together." Daisy agreed.

Wanda coughed, causing the two to turn their attention to her.

"Great. Is the escape module on it's way?" Daisy asked, acting as though she wasn't just kissing the target.

Wanda swallowed a breath before she replied.

"Change of plans." She told them.

On cue, the ATCU men entered the room, all pointing their guns at the inhumans, specifically Lincoln.

"Coulson's orders." Wanda added, as if that made it better. "We're turning him over to the ATCU."

Daisy's eyes widened and she glanced at Lincoln before immediately turning to offensive mode.

"Get Coulson on the phone." She stepped closer to Wanda.

"He said he'd explain back at HQ." Wanda explained.

"Daisy, what's happening?" Lincoln spoke quietly.

"Coulson said that you are going to be safe." Wanda tried to assure him. "He's arranged for us to observe and make sure that-"

"Can we get on with this?" One of the ATCU men called.

"This is crazy!" Daisy accused.

"He said he didn't have a choice." Wanda defended Coulson.

"Take him into custody!" The ATCU agent ordered.

Lincoln turned out to face them and he stepped closer. Daisy stepped back, Wanda doing the same. Lincoln summoned lightning to his hand before striking the ground, causing an electrical surge to strike the ATCU men before he took off out the door.

"Suspects on the move." One of the agents spoke raspily as he managed to stand. "Seal off the streets."

"Should we go after him?" Another agent asked.

"No." The one in charge said, now fully standing. "Bird in the hand. We take her."

He stared down Daisy, and the rest of the agents who had managed to stand all aimed their guns at her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Wanda asked, stepping in front of Daisy.

"Following orders." The leader agent stated.

"Do you really think you can stop me? Do you have any idea what I can do?" Daisy asked.

"Yeah." The agent nodded. "That's why I have three snipers outside, ready to engage. What's the rang on these powers of yours? How good are they?"

Wanda gritted her teeth, not allowing herself to be played by a bunch of men in camo suits. They were not going to touch Daisy.

She raised her hands, red magic summoning to them.

"Pretty бля {fucking} good." Wanda stated.

The men all hesitated with their weapons, glancing to the leader, who was currently staring down Wanda. He seemed like he was trying to figure out if she stood a chance.

Then his phone began buzzing.

Wanda broke the eye contact and watched him pick up his phone from his pocket. He pressed it to his ear and Wanda could hear a faint voice of a female coming from the other end, but she didn't know what was being said.