8/ SAFARI

alberts pov:
i sit there with my mouth open, staring at this text message from paige. she likes me? why is y/n upset?? .... does y/n like me?..

i hear the shower turn off and i put her phone down on the other side of her bed. i pick up my phone and try to act normal but i cant get it out of my head.

y/ns pov:

i put some running shorts and a tanktop on, i stare at myself in the mirror for a second before blowing myself a kiss. i open the door, and walk into my bedroom, sitting next to albert on my bed and putting my shoes on. i turn to face albert and he looks away from my quickly.  "you alright al?" i laugh at him. "yeahh, ready for me to beat your ass in a race?"

"you? beat me? never." i huff as i grab my phone and sprint out the door, albert quickly jumps up to run after me. i get to my locked front door and fumble with my keys. i hear Albert coming near me, i get the key in, swing the door open and run up the street.

i dont stop running, but albert catches up and we run next to each other for what seems like years. "can i take you some where?" albert turns towards me as i slow down. i look up at him, "sure." i say hesitating slightly. he holds his hand out for me.

"dude im so sweaty i dont think thats a good idea" i sigh, albert laughs loudly, gosh hes cute, huh? albert.. noo.. "me too, y/n, just take my hand!!" he urges. i give in and grab his hand before he begins to run again, pulling me along. we run through streets ive never seen before, streets that seem familiar, and past the train station at where i first met him.

we end up at a cliff that over looks the entire city. albert sits down first, and motions for me to sit next to him. "look at the sky!" he whisper shouts at me. i turn my head and am in awe. the sun gleams orange and pink through the clouds above us. i grab my phone and see a message from paige, i dont even bother reading it, i open spotify and start playing my main playlist. "Lovers Rock" by TV girl, begins. thanks spotify.

I see a smile appear quickly on Alberts face before he looks at me. "Trying to tell me something?" Albert stares at me. I giggle. We stay in silence before he starts to speak again. "hey, y/n? can i ask you something?"

"of course, whats up?"  i stay looking forward. "does paige have a crush on me?" my smile fades, "god you sound like a middle schooler." i sigh, then turn to him. "yea.. she does, thats why she never introduced us, she thought something would happen between us? i dont know she's ridiculous" i ramble on about paige and other stupid things shes done. and albert sits there listening. hes listening to me rambling! i smile at my thought.

"what are you smiling at?"  albert squints his eyes. "the.. sky! its gorgeous," i nod. "yeah youre gorgeous" albert quickly replies. "huh?" i wip my head towards him. "what? i said the sky looks gorgeous?" albert smirks, he knows what he actually said.

alberts pov:

the way her face lit up when i said she was gorgeous, made my heart do a little dance, i dont know why. i dont like her, like that, ive known her for what, 2 months? shes one of my best friends. but i didnt lie, she truly was gorgeous.

"how about we go home?" y/n says, standing up after the sun was out of view. "my house?" i reply, to which she nodded. we walk back, talking the whole time,not realising how far we ran earlier, i look at y/n, her messy hair, sweat dripping down her forehead, dirt on her legs, answering a question i asked her a few seconds before, and i cant help but smile. she shivers as wind blows through her hair. i take my jacket off and wrap it around her, interrupting her sentence, "hey! you need this!" she says, "no i dont! im like elsa, the cold never bothered me anyway!" i shrug my shoulders and y/n laughs.

when we get back to my house both of us are too tired to eat, so we decide to go to sleep. "omg this is like our first sleepover.." y/n gasps as she rolls over onto my couch. "it is! you have your bed , ill take the couch?" y/n says and pulls the blanket i lay out for her over her face.

y/ns pov:
i fall asleep, still drenched in sweat but too tired to shower. at around 2:30 am i wake up, cold, alone, and sad. i sit up, trying to push my messy hair down. i slowly walk into alberts room, to see if hes awake. "al?" i whisper. he hums in response and lifts his blanket up for me to get in.

i lay down and he wraps his arms around me, as i move closer into his chest, im met with alberts bare chest, he has no shirt on.. REPEAT HE HAS NO SHIRT ON!! i mentally scream, snuggle up to him, and fall asleep, alot more peacefully than before.

a/n
this is the longest chapter i have ever written. sorry guys for the long wait between chapters, i didnt plan this at all when i started writting and then people started liking it, so its taking me a while to figure out where i want to go with this! but i hope you loved this chapter
get some sleep, eat and something to drink if you havent already, love you guys 💗 have a good day.

(1001 words)