21// MR. LONELY.

y/ns pov:

11:57pm

me and albert hadnt really talked most of the night, bumping into each other and chatting for a second before one of us got pulled away by one of our friends, the music was still loud and people were still dancing and drinking, a heavy song causing people to get closer to others and dance with them, im alone for a while as i lip sync to the song, taking sips of my drink every now and again.

i notice albert make his way over to me, i nod my head at him as he comes closer, i start to feel sick to my stomach, probably a mix of the large amount of vodka i had drank, my tiredness catching up to me, and the boy i liked walking up to me. "hey! can i talk to you?" he shouts of the music just enough so i could hear perfectly. "give me a second" i slur, i turn around walking over into my bedrooms on-suite bathroom, it was quiet enough that no one was there, but you could still hear the music through the walls.

my heels click against the tile on the floor, i push the door closed, it staying open the smallest bit. i feel lightheaded, so many thoughts running through my mind that i dont know what to do. i slide my back down the cold wall, the toilet opposite me. i wipe my eyes, feeling warm tears stream slowly down my cheek. running my hands through my hair, to keep it from sticking to my damp cheeks.

i hear gentle footsteps approach the door, and it pushes open, revealing albert, standing there with a sympathetic look on his face, his light grey pants, and dark blue hoodie makes him match with the moon i could just see out of my window. i take notice of our favourite tyler the creator song; "she" playing loudly in the background. i shake my head, covering my face, not wanting him to see my like this.

he kneels down, his face close to mine, "emotional drunk?" he asks sweetly, chuckling slightly. i just nod, he holds his hand out to help me get up. i take his hand, and stand up, "youve got.." albert points to under my eyes, before putting his hand out and wiping the mascara from under my eyes himself.

i walk up to the mirror, holding myself up by my hands gripping tightly on the counter. "albert.." i mumble.

"whats wrong?"

"whats wrong is that i love you."

my tone is soft, as i look at him, trying to read his expression, as he opens his mouth to say something. i nod, sighing. "youre drunk, y/n" he says, a small smile on his face. "drunk words are sober thoughts." he walks close to me, filling up the other half of the mirror, as he takes in the way i look in the mirror. he chuckles again. "i guess so."

i bite my lip, my hands are shaking. what if he doesnt lik- "i love you too y/n." my thoughts are cut off by his quiet voice. "like as a friend?" i ask him, scared he only said that because i was drunk and wouldn't remember in the morning. he shakes his head. "no. i, love love you." albert pulls a face at the way he said that.

"ever since i saw you on that train, you have not left my mind, everything about you interested me. you made me laugh on the days where i thought it would be impossible, you are a shoulder to cry on, my best friend. but i know i want more than that." the tears that i had pushed away had returned as i hear these kind words pour out of alberts mouth. he looks up at me, a hopeful look on his face.
"what about you?" he says casually like i had just asked him what his favourite colour was which i know for a fact was both light blue and light pink because he was to indecisive to choose.

"albert.. i dont know how to say thi- ill just.. ugh" i place my hands on his cheeks, and i pull his face close to mine, our lips intertwining, a much more softer way than anytime before.

he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer into the kiss. after a few more seconds, we pull away but the distance stays the same. our foreheads still together, we stay quiet as the bridge of "she" was sang by everyone else in the room over.

i look at him through my eyelashes, he looks back down, smiling ear to ear. "i know we've kissed before, but you dont understand how i long i wanted to do that" i whisper, he lifts his head up, and pulls away from me, holding my hand in his. "do a spin" he says, lifting his arm up so i could continue to keep the contact as i did.

i did a slow twirl, i felt his eyes roam my body, mainly examining the dress i wore. "you are so beautiful." he pulls me close once more, "you are so handsome." i reply. smiling as i pull him back in for another loving kiss.

a/n - kinda important
guys the thing happened!! but i HAVE to explain some stuff, js bc im so proud of how much i thought about this chapter.

so the light pink dress shes wearing is meant to symbolise an actual flamingo, bc obviously.

and the dark blue and light grey clothes albert is wearing (and y/n referring him as the moon) its to show "moonrise" like in y/ns usernames.

i made sure to put about "she" in there, because thats the chapter that they first kissed in, showing a full circle of their love.

also, im not sure where im going with this, and i just wanna say a big genuine thank you, to everyone whos read this so far, voted for it, commented on it etc. you all mean so much to me, and i hope you love what happens next,

xoxo, flamingalberto

(1019 words)