8

As Meredith returned home after her first treatment, she could barely walk, Amelia had helped her inside getting her settled in her bed, Arizona helping her get comfortable once Amelia put her down. Arizona felt terrible for not being able to help her wife but there was no way she was going to be able to help her up the stairs. Once Amelia left the room Arizona helped Meredith sit up putting cousins behind her.
"Mer, how are you feeling" Arizona asked as she brought a blanket over to cover Meredith.
"As well as I can, the stairs really took it out me though" Meredith sighed as she looked at Arizona.
Arizona looked at Meredith, it hadn't even occurred to her that their house might not be equipped to help Meredith now, but the second she realised she knew they where going to need to do something.
"Meredith, I think we might need to move, I can't help you up the stairs and I think it's going to get harder for you" Arizona asked, sitting down next to Meredith.
"I guess...but this is my home I grew up here I don't want to sell it" Meredith replied trying to move to cuddle Arizona.
"Hey, I'll have a look but we might not need to sell this one it'll be ok" Arizona cooed moving herself so Meredith could cuddle into her.
"Ok" Meredith yawned as she cuddled into Arizona's side.
"Go to sleep my love, the kids are staying with Amelia and Kai again tonight so you can relax, I'll make us some dinner ok?" Arizona cooed,
"No stay with me" Meredith yawned again pulling Arizona closer to herself.
"Ok my love I'll stay right here" Arizona cooed again, moving Meredith so she could rub her back, Meredith slowly fell asleep, her small snores filling the room. Arizona sighed as she looked at her wife, she hated seeing her so weak and tired and she knew more was to come. As Arizona thought more about what was to come she thought more about what changes they would need to make to make to work better for Meredith, she grabbed her phone and started to look at homes around them.

Two Weeks Later

Arizona had successfully found another one story house only a 5 minute drive from the hospital, and fortunately they where able to buy it without having to sell their other house. Today was the day they where moving, it had all been quite quick but as Meredith continued her treatment, she was getting weak after everyone so every one knew they had to make the move. Meredith was at the hospital with Maggie getting her treatment for the day, while Arizona and the kids helped move all their stuff to the new house, they weren't moving all of it just the major stuff they would need while Meredith was going through her treatment.

One week Later
Meredith and Arizona where at the hospital while Meredith was getting her treatment, the treatment had started around 2hrs ago meaning they still had around 4hrs remaining, they where just chatting enjoying each others company, Meredith had taken time of work, for obvious reasons and while Arizona was still working she now had shorter hours, and the times she wasn't on a case at the hospital she would normally be with Meredith. Meredith and Arizona where just chatting when Arizona's phone started to ring, as she looked at her phone she was very confused to see their daughters school as the caller Id
"Hello Arizona speaking, is everything ok?" Arizona answered looking confused at Meredith.
"Hello Mrs Grey-Robbins, we have your daughters here, unfortunately they both seem to have had a panic attack." The teacher on the phone explained.
"Oh are they ok did something happen?" Arizona asked concerned for her babies.
"I believe it started after a conversation they where having in class about their parents careers, the teacher asked Sofia and Zola what it was like having Mums that where doctors and they both just broke down in tears" the teacher explained.
"Oh, um I think I know what caused it am I allowed to come pick them up?" Arizona asked looking sympathetically at Meredith who was starting to look quite tired.
"Of course, they are currently waiting in the front office, I'll let them know that their mummy will be picking them up soon" the teacher replied.
"Their mamma," Arizona explained
"Sorry?" The teacher asked slightly confused
"Just let them know their mamma will be picking them up not their mummy, I'll explain once I get there we probably should let the school know" Arizona explained.
"Ok," the teacher replied before ending the phone call.
Arizona turned to Meredith who was nearly asleep and explained to her that she had to go pick up the older girls. Before leaving Arizona called Maggie and got her to come and sit with Meredith, she hated leaving her wife alone while she was receiving chemo, they had been quite lucky Meredith hadn't really experienced too many symptoms except weakness and fatigue but she didn't want Meredith to be alone if she suddenly had other symptoms. Once Maggie arrived Arizona left to go and pick up the girls.

At the School
"Hello Mrs Grey-Robbins," the receptionist greeted Arizona as she entered the front office,
"Hello" Arizona replied, "is there any chance I could talk to either the principal or the girls teacher before I take them home I just want to explain what's going on?" She asked, smiling as she saw the girls playing on an iPad in the sick bay.
"Oh um let me have a look," the receptionist answered looking down at her computer, "ahh, yes the girls teacher is actually free right now would you like to talk to her?" The receptionist asked,
"Yes please," Arizona answered realising the conversation she was about to have to have with her daughters teacher. The girls teacher didn't take long to arrive and she guided Arizona over to a small meeting room.
"Hello Mrs Grey-Robbins how can I help you are the girls ok?" The teacher asked,
"Please call me Arizona and the girls will be ok, that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about quickly" Arizona answered not wanting to beat around the bush.
"Oh, is everything ok" the teacher asked concerned
"Yes..no..kinda.. it's easier if I just explain it. So about a months ago now my wife Meredith as you know, got rushed to the hospital upon arrival to the hospital she was diagnosed with lung cancer, she's undergoing chemotherapy as we speak, so I think the girls are just a little on edge about that" Arizona explained hoping everything she was saying was making sense.
"Oh, I'm so sorry I can see why the conversation about parents careers could have been triggering for them, I'll keep that in mind in the future, if you or your wife or the kids needs any please let me know" The teacher explained, smiling sympathetically at Arizona.
"Thank you but we are ok for now I just wanted to give you the heads up" Arizona explained eager to get to her girls.
"Perfectly understandable thank you for letting me know" the teacher replied standing up to leave.

Arizona went back out to her girls and hugged them both tightly.
"Girls are you ok" she asked looking at them, they both just nodded. "Ok we can talk in the car" Arizona added before quickly thanking the teachers and taking the girls back to the car.
"Girls ok now you can talk to me" Arizona cooed as she got the girls into the car.
"We just got scared mamma" Zola answered first
"The teacher asked us about you and mummy, and I couldn't help but think about mummy being sick" Sofia answered as well,
"Oh girls Mummy's ok, I know it's hard seeing her sick but the medicines are making mummy better" Arizona explained as she started the drive to the hospital.
"But what if they don't work, it's cancer that's what killed Auntie Maggie's mum" Zola explained starting to cry.
"Oh pumpkin, don't cry I know your scared but mummy's ok, the medicine is going to work cause all of mamma and mummy friends are very good at their job and are helping mummy" Arizona explained her heart breaking a little at the sound of her daughter tears.
"But what if mummy dies?" Sofia asked starting to cry as well.
"Baby girl mummy's not going to die it ok" Arizona explained, she knew she couldn't make promises she was a surgeon she knew never to make promises but Meredith couldn't die she just couldn't Arizona thought to herself, looking at her clock Arizona realised Meredith's treatment would be over within an hour. "How about we go get some ice-cream and bring it to mummy, hey kiddos?" Arizona asked attempting to cheer up her babies.
"Ok" Zola answered
"Can we get strawberry that's mummy's favourite" Sofia asked
"And mine and Sofia's" Zola added making Arizona laugh, "it's everyone favourite except for you mamma, but your favourite is weird who liked mint chocolate chip" Zola added again making Arizona laugh more.
"Hey, there is nothing wrong with mint chocolate chip thank you very much, but yes we can get some strawberry ice-cream" Arizona laughed smiling as she saw her babies happy in the backseat.