29

A few months later.

"Mamma mamma, wake up it's Christmas," Ellis cheered jumping on Arizona's bed. Arizona sat up smiling, holding back her tears as she looked at the empty bed beside her. Meredith was still in the coma and she was starting to loose hope. There had been some good news, since Meredith had been in the coma they had been giving her intense chemo. It had been successful at shrinking Meredith's growths, but she still hadn't shown any signs of waking up and it was crushing Arizona.
"It is Christmas my baby, it's so exciting and do you remember who's coming over today." Arizona asked looking down at Ellis.
"Aunty Amelia and Titi Kai" Ellis cheered,
"Your right and also Auntie Addie is coming" Arizona replied, Addison had decided to stay and help in Seattle after the blow up at Amelia with Carolyn, with Amelia getting later into her pregnancy and Arizona dealing with the four kids on her own no one was complaining about an extra set of hands. Arizona sent Ellis in to wake up her siblings while she got ready then she heard the doorbell.
"Coming" she yelled from the top of the stairs, she smiled as she opened the door a now quite pregnant Amelia was standing there along with Kai and Addison who was holding scout.
"Hey, the kids will be down in just a second." Arizona explained welcoming them in from the cold.
It didn't take long for the kids to come barreling down the stairs excited to open the Christmas presents Santa had left.
The next 20min was filled with flying paper and cheers of excitement as presents where opened. Once the kids had all opened their presents, Arizona looked over to Ellis who was looking down sadly,
"Everything ok baby?" Arizona asked moving over next to her daughter.
"No I hate Christmas!" Ellis screamed running up the stairs, Arizona looked over at the other adults confused. Before going to get up, but Amelia stopped her,
"Stay here with the kids, I'll go talk to her." She cooed gently making her way up the stairs.

In Ellis room,
"Ellis?" Amelia asked softly, she didn't get a reply but could hear small sobs coming from the closet
"Elli?" She asked again making her way over to the closet,
"No go away!" The young girl cried,
"Hey, hey it's ok come here" Amelia cooed, gently attempting to pick up the little girl unable to due to her belly but successfully in guiding her over to the bed.
"What happened, Elli? Why are you so upset, it's Christmas." Amelia continued looking down at the little girl in her lap.
"I asked Santa for something for Christmas and he didn't bring it." Ellis cried, cuddling into Amelia. At first Amelia was shocked this didn't seem like Ellis to get this upset over something materialistic.
"Ellis honey, what did you ask Santa for, for Christmas?" Amelia asked, hesitantly
"I...I...I..asked him...to..to bring mummy back" the little girl cried looking up at her aunt, "why didn't her bring mummy back. I miss mummy."
As Ellis cried, Amelia's heart broke that sweet little girl she'd been through so much.
"I can't tell you why, elli. It would have been lovely for Santa to have brought Mer, home but somethings even Santa can't do, but I'm sure your mamma will take you to go see your mummy later today if you ask her." Amelia replied,
"But it's not fair, why mummy. She's a good person and everyone always tells me that good things should happen to good people, but this is a horrible thing so why mummy?" The little girl asked. As Amelia looked into the little girls eyes she could see herself at a similar age when her father died asking why the bad men had shot her father and there really wasn't an answer.
"Your right it's not fair and that sucks, and it's ok to be upset, but we also have to remember the good things. You've got a wonderful mamma down stairs and two amazing big sisters and an amazing big brother. And your already an amazing big cousins to scout and your going to be an amazing cousins to the babies yeah?" Amelia tried, Ellis looked up at her and nodded but the little girl still had tears in her eyes,
"Hey I know it's hard but remember what we said your mummy is still there and she's fighting to come back to you, and she wouldn't want you to be upset on Christmas, she'd want you to have the most amazing time that you can tell her all about." Amelia said hugging Ellis.
"Thank you auntie Amy, I love you." Ellis said hugging Amelia back
"I love you to munchkin, now let's go enjoy it and get some of those amazing pancakes I can smell Auntie Addie cooking before Kai and Bailey eat them all yeah?" Amelia asked smiling
"Yeah, I love Auntie Addies pancakes." Ellis cheered jumping up and running down stairs, Amelia following slowly behind, as fast as he pregnant belly would let her. When she reached the kitchen she smiled seeing Ellis happily chatting away to Bailey.
"What happened is she ok?" Arizona asked concerned "was it about Mer?" She asked quietly,
Amelia nodded her head, turning to face Arizona.
"She'd asked Santa to bring Meredith back for Christmas and she upset because well you know why." Amelia explained, resting her hand on her tummy. "I did tell her we could go see, Meredith later is that ok?" She asked
"Of course it is, thank you for talking to her. I hate all of this I hate how much it's affecting the kids, I hate how much it's affecting me I just want Meredith to be healthy again." Arizona sighed,
"Don't give up hope, Ari." Amelia said pulling Arizona into a hug,
Suddenly both Arizona and Amelia gasped, gaining the attention of Addison and Kai,
"I guess we may be going to see Meredith sooner than expected, my water just broke."

Authors Note
Sorry for the delay, but I hope you like this chapter.
Please leave comment and suggestions. All feedback and comments I love, I want to know that your enjoying reading the story as much as I enjoy writing it.