21

"Well it was our second date" Arizona started to explain.
"Our second date?" Meredith interrupted
"Do you want to hear the story or not?" Arizona scolded jokingly
"Sorry continue" Meredith replied smiling at her wife
"As I was saying it was our second date...

Flashback
"Robbins you have to call it" Alex stated from the end of the child bed,
"No I can't, she's been through so much" Arizona replied continuing the chest compressions
"Arizona" Alex stated again, he knew Arizona didn't want to let this patient die neither did he but she was gone, the second Arizona stopped it would be over "Arizona call it or I will" he continued.
"Fine, time of death 15:06" Arizona exclaimed before leaving the room.
The patient in question was a 14yr old girl that had been battling cancer Arizona had been her doctor since she was 5, she couldn't bare the fact she was gone. As she looked at her watch she realised she had only 1hr left of her shift and then she could go home. Then she remembered she had her date with Meredith tonight she had been looking forward to it, but now the idea of getting all dressed up and.. her thoughts were interrupted by Alex
"Are you ok Robbins?" He asked, he knew Arizona had been especially close to this patient.
"Yeah I'm fine, um I don't have any surgery's planned for the rest of the afternoon, so I'll be in my office if you need me." Arizona explained quickly before rushing back to her office.

Soon enough Arizona's shift finished and she quickly picked up Sofia and returned home, not saying goodbye to Meredith which was unusual as the couple always said goodbye to each other before leaving.

About an 1 1/2hrs later Meredith was getting ready her shift was going to be finished in half and hr but she hadn't seen Arizona anywhere which was weird. She knew her girlfriend finished nearly 2hrs ago and she always came by the say bye something felt off. She'd checked her office and she wasn't there then she also checked the OR schedule and she wasn't on their either, just then she saw Alex

"Hey Alex" she called,

"What's up?" He replied handing his iPad back to the nurses behind the nurses station.

"Have you seen Zona? I haven't seen her." She asked surely if anyone knew where she was it would be him.

"Didn't she finish nearly 2hrs ago, last I saw her she was heading to her office?" He asked confused

"Yeah but she never came to say goodbye, was she ok when you left her?" Meredith asked

"I mean she said she was fine, we'd just lost Lucy Holtman, but she said she was ok" Alex explained before his pager went off, "sorry I've got to run let me know if you see her" Alex tan off towards the pit.

As Alex told her about the patient Arizona had lost Meredith heart sank, she knew how close Arizona had been to Lucy.

Over at Arizona's Place

As soon as I got home I set Sofia up with the tv then fell onto my bed. I knew I had to start getting ready for my date with Meredith but I just didn't feel like it, as I lay there I slowly felt my eyelids become heavier.
Suddenly I heard a knock on the door waking me from my slumber, crap had I fallen asleep was it time for our date, I quickly checked the time and I still had an hour before Meredith was supposed to be here, how could possibly be at the door she thought.
She quickly got up wrapping her nigh gown around herself as she striped down to just a t-shirt when she got home. She was getting up to answer the door when the person knocked again,
"I'm coming" she yelled, as she opened the door she was shocked to see Meredith standing there with a bag in one hand and a bouquet of chocolates and stuffed animal in the other. Meredith was dressed in sweatpants and fluffy jumper.
"Mer, what?" Arizona asked confused there date wasn't for another hour and it was at a super fancy restaurant Meredith couldn't wear that,

"I heard you had a bad day so I canceled our reservation, I didn't think you'd feel like going out." Meredith answered smiling at her girlfriend who was nearly crying. "Her Sofia, how'd you like to have a sleepover with Zola?" Meredith asked taking a step inside the apartment.

"Yeah!!" Sofia cheered, "when?" The young girl asked running towards Meredith
"Tonight, Auntie Amelia's down stairs ready to take you over, of course only if it's ok with your mum" Meredith explained looking at Arizona. Arizona just nodded, still to stunned to speak.
"You've already got clothes at my house so you can just go down stairs if you want Sof, just get Auntie Amelia to send me a message when you get to her" Meredith cooed smiling at the the girl.
"Thanks Auntie Mer," Sofia cheered hugging Meredith before running downstairs.

Meredith looked back at Arizona her who was just looked at her tears threatening to spill from her eyes.
"Zona, are you ok?" Meredith asked concerned maybe she hadn't made the right decision with all of this, she was beginning to doubt if she'd made the right decision.
"I..I... I don't.. thank you Meri" Arizona said looking into Meredith eyes.
"It's no worried Zona, coke one let's get this set up I've got dinner for us" Meredith smiled showing Arizona the bag in her hand, "oh these are for you" Meredith explained forgetting she was holding the bouquet.

Meredith handed the bouquet to Arizona

Meredith handed the bouquet to Arizona. As Arizona saw the bouquet, she nearly cried again.
"I remembered you mentioned you get bad allergies to flowers and so I thought this might be better plus who doesn't like chocolate and teddies, but I can get you a flower one if you like...I don't know I thought..." Meredith started to ramble worried the Arizona didn't like the bouquet cause she hadn't said anything.
"Mer it's perfect I love it" Arizona cooed, kissing Meredith to stop her rambling. As she looked at Meredith starting to set up the dinner she'd brought it clicked that she canceled their reservation.
"Meredith did you really cancel our reservation at the Space Needle, it took you forever to get that reservation you wanted to go so badly, and I know you only got the reservation by making a deal with Addison who used her family connections to get it?" Arizona asked
"Yeah, I did, I knew you wouldn't want to go out tonight and you being happy is worth so much more than anything" Meredith replied smiling at Arizona.

Back to current time.
"I still can't believe you canceled that reservation" Arizona smiled looking down at Meredith.
"You where worth more than any reservation" Meredith replied leaning to kiss her wife.
"That day I knew I was going to marry you Mer, cause that was the first day in a long time I'd felt truly loved" Arizona cooed, drawing little patterns on Meredith hand.
Just then Miranda returned,
"I'm sorry Meredith the test confirmed you need a feeding tube." She explained, looking sadly at her once intern.
"Ok, um.." Meredith replied but stopped she couldn't say it.
"It's ok I'll let her know mer" Arizona cooed knowing her wife was struggling. "Dr Bailey, Meredith has decided she also wants to go forward with a catheter just to make things easier" Arizona explained smiling at Miranda as she did so.
"Very well, and Meredith I know you asked to be sedated while we administer to feeding tube I'm guessing it's the same for the catheter?" Miranda asked smiling at Meredith she was so beyond proud of her, Meredith just nodded squeezing Arizonas hand for reassurance.
"Ok, I'll administer the sedative now then I'll begin" Miranda explained inserting the sedative into Meredith port. It took a moment for it to set in but as she felt herself falling asleep Meredith whispered "I love you" to Arizona, how gently squeezed her hand.
"I love you too mer"

Authors Note
Well I'm back, I'm so sorry for the long delay. I've been travelling and then I got back and I was just to tired to do anything then I was travelling again and this time I didn't have wifi for a week so I couldn't upload but I'm back now and should be good to continue.

Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter just a bit of cute Merzona fluff. As always please leave any comments or suggestions, I always try to take comments and suggestions on board.