9

A few weeks Later,

Meredith was at home with Zola and Sofia, Arizona was at work and the other two kids where at school. Zola and Sofia should have been at school but the two of them where both continuing to have panic attacks about their mums condition. They where getting better but still having some bad days, and today was one of those days both girls had refused to go to school this morning crying as Arizona tried to drop them off, knowing that Meredith on the other hand seemed to be having quite a good day today so Meredith and Arizona decided to let the girls stay home under the rule that they must behave and still get their school work done.

It was about lunch time and Meredith was in the kitchen preparing the girls and herself lunch it had been a long time since she'd felt able to be up in the kitchen preparing something and although she wasn't the best chef in the world (that was Arizona's job) she had learnt over the year a few simple things to cook for her girls.
"Girls Lunch is ready" Meredith called from the kitchen, both girls quickly ran into from the lounge and took a seat at the island table before Meredith served them their nuggets and chips.
"Mummy, sit down and eat with us you promised mamma you would rest" Zola stated staring at her mother who was walking around the kitchen.
"I am Zozo I'm just grabbing my lunch" Meredith replied as she reached into the fridge to grab the salad Arizona had prepared for her, as she walked back she felt her chest tightening a little. She winced as the tightness made it a bit hard to breathe but successfully hid it from her daughters. Quickly she went over to the bench and grabbed her nasal cannula and put it on hoping it would help with the tightness. After attaching it and grabbing the oxygen tank she went back over to the island where the girls where sitting and started eating her lunch while talking to them. Neither girl noticed to much that their mum was wearing her nasal cannula, it had become quite common to see Meredith wearing it.
"How's school been munchkins" Meredith asked, smiling at her daughters.
"Good, we've been learning about light" Zola answered
"Did you know things only have colour cause that's the colour of light they reflect" Sofia explained smiling at their mum.
"Really my love that's so cool" Meredith replied glad her daughters where excited. "Hey..." Meredith started but then stopped, she suddenly was finding it very hard to breath,
"Mummy are you ok?" Zola asked concerned as she looked at her mum.
Meredith didn't answer, she focused on trying to breathe.
"Mummy?" Sofia asked starting to cry they could both see something was wrong.
Suddenly Meredith fell to the ground, still struggling to breath.
"Zozo we need to call 911" Sofia called running over to her mum.
"Ok" Zola replied now crying as well, she quickly grabbed her mums phone of the counter and called 911
"911, what your emergency?" The operator answered
"My mummy, she can't breathe" Zola answered sacred as her mum lay unconscious on the floor.
"Ok sweetheart, is your mummy still breathing or is she just finding it hard" the responded asked already sending an ambulance out to the house as she tracked the calls location
"I don't know, Sofia is mummy breathing or has she stopped?" Zola asked Sofia
"She's breathing but it doesn't sound normal" Sofia responded looking at their mother scared
"My sister said she's breathing but it sounds weird" Zola answered
"Ok sweetie it's ok, how old is your sisters?" The responder asked hoping someone older was home with the young girl,
"She's the same age as me, we are 13" Zola answered, "please help us mummy is sick she has cancer" Zola cried into the phone,

Station 19 had been the crew called to the house, as they pulled up the front of the house Ben recognised it from when he helped Arizona and Meredith move
"Oh my god that's Meredith's house, hurry" Ben yelled jumping out of the truck, he ran over to the door leaving the rest of his crew behind knowing it must have been Zola or Sofia that had rung 911 as the dispatcher had told them it was a child that had rung.

Inside the house Zola heard a knock on the door,
"That must be the paramedics you'll be ok now ok," the operator explained, before ending the call. Zola dropped the phone and ran to the door pulling it open, she was relieved when she saw Ben standing there.
"Ben help, it's mummy something wrong" she yelled pulling him into the kitchen where Meredith still lay unconscious. He quickly ran over to Meredith moving her into the recovery position and waiting for the rest of his team to bring in the stretcher.
Once they team loaded her on the stretcher, they got ready to go to Grey-Sloan hospital, both girls where allowed to travel with their mum, but Ben could see they where both still scared.
"Girls I know your scared, but mummy's going to be ok, Auntie Bailey and Auntie Amelia and all of mummy and mammas other friends are going to take good care of her ok?" Ben tried to console the girls but it only half worked the girls both still focused on their mother.
As they arrived at the hospital Chief Bailey was waiting for them, Ben had called ahead to warn her that the incoming patient was Meredith. Meredith had woken up by the time they reached the hospital but was still struggling to breath, she had been swapped to a oxygen face mask and it seemed to be working a bit better than her nasal cannula.
"Get her inside and get a chest x-ray and an MRI immediately and someone page Dr Robbins" Dr Bailey yelled as Meredith was wheeled into the hospital, "thank you Ben I've got them from here" she added helping the girls out of the back of the ambulance, smiling at her husband before rushing inside with the girls to try and figure out what was happening with Meredith.