Chapter 3 I Catching Flights Not Feels

Sophie Foster

I woke up to find that I was still in the uncomfortable leather seat on the airplane. 

I had never liked airplanes. 

I liked their destinations, I liked where they lead, I liked the views, I liked the feeling of flying

But I hated airplanes. 

They were all uncomfortable, stuffy, confining and soo boring. And there were too many people on there. I guess that was the point, but my social anxiety didn't agree. We had gotten business class thanks to Bi's dad, he had basically funded our trip. He told me it was a gift of thanks, for keeping Biana in line and making sure she didnt get impregnated by some random frat boy.

But knowing Biana, she'll be a mother in 9 months anyway. Biana is one of those girls who would embrace teen-mom core. 

My eyes slowly opened finally and I looked around to find my business class cubicle. I drowsily slid the door open to find Biana's open and she was painting her nails neon pink. Her hair was pulled back with a matching scrunchie into a high ponytail and on the floor her i-dont-even-know how high those heels were. 

She was wearing big hoop earrings and was dressed in a surely expensive dress, which had too be uncomfortable to sit on this plane. 

I looked down to my jean shorts and red fitted top. My hair was dishevelled from a long nap. I rubbed my head messing up my messy ponytail. I sighed. Biana looked up to me and waved. 

"Have a nice sleep?" She said chirply. 

"Mmmm" I grunted sleepily. Her constant happiness is a mystery to me. I stumbled over to fit in the tight space next to Biana in her chair, she laughed at my bedhair.

My body ached from the stiff sleeping position i was previously in. The flight attendant bustled past us chirply practically sang to the passengers. I groaned. The aroma of breakfast drifted near my nose and I closed my eyes savouring the smell. Breakfast momentarily tempted me to abandon my drowsiness.

Biana, always being her social self entertained a conversation with a middle aged woman next to us who looked just as sleep deprived as me. I lulled my head back into the seat headrest. The woman entertained the conversation as Biana babbled on about her pink-obsession and compatibility of other colours with her personalities. The poor woman.

Her words flowed effortlessly from her heart shaped lips as she mindlessly babbled on and onnn. I couldn't help but tune out her. The woman was on her own now. I looked out the window to admire the clouds. Hey that one looked like....a coat with pockets. 

I could feel my eyelids closing but I forced them open, I needed a distraction. I reached for my backpack and pulled out my tangled earphones and my iphone 11 with cracks along the surface. I sighed and opened my phone with my passcode. I clicked on spotify and started to play some song by Taylor Swift. 

I got out my book from my backpack. It had a yellow pastel cover and there was a girl on the front. The letters printed on the front read Love Lessons

I wasn't a hopeless romantic, neither on bookstagram or wattpad, if you ignore the dracoxy/n fanfics I wrote when I was 11. I was more a non-fiction kinda girlie, but the book caught my eye and I just had to pick it up and pull out my red credit card, what? It was a bookstore, I would be lying if I said I was walking out empty handed. 

I opened to the first page, slightly creased from the journey in my denim backpack. And sooner than I expected, I heard the crackly landing announcement come from the speaker overhead and I moved from Biana's seat back to my own and buckled my seatbelt.