Chapter 11 I The One

a/n: y'all im gonna start putting lyrics up here. 

If my wishes came true...It would've been you

It would've been fun...If you would've been the one.

- taylor swift, folklore, the 1

SOPHIE FOSTER

Standing at Keefe's door was in the top ten most stupidest things I had ever done. And probably near the top. I was waiting, brushing my hair behind my ears when he opened the door, shirtless, probably just out of the shower, since his hair was dripping wet. 

"Sophie!" He said, almost excited.

"Um, hi." I said biting my lip. "I'm here to, check on you. About- what happened last night."

"I, was just about to come see you." He brushed his fingers through his wet hair, pushing it back. I hesitantly admitted it was a good look. 

"Oh." I nodded. "Cool. I just-" I started but was cut off. 

"Please- uh come in," He motioned me in as he scrambled to find a shirt which he tossed on. 

I sat on the green couch he had on the far side of the room while he sat on the bar stool in the kitchen. 

"So, how are you?" I asked, cringing at the palpable tension. 

"Good, I fell asleep drunk off my ass in a location I will not disclose. But other than that I'm feeling better, like I'm seeing clearer." 

"That's good." I nodded. 

"Are you okay?" He questioned looking awkward. 

"My head is ringing but other than that feeling solid." I joked. 

But he wasn't in the mood I guess, cause his features darkened. "I'm sorry, I should've been there. With you. Sitting there, like Fitz did." He hung his head. "I just don't deal with hospitals well, I- they trigger things for me and seeing you like that made me lose it, and drowning myself in alcohol sometimes is the only way I can forget." 

I listened intently and nodded slowly. "It's not your fault-" 

"It is my fault, Foster, I- started the fight. I was so angry at Fitz for what I thought was pursuing you even though he knew I- I- IT doesn't matter! But I was just angry at him. Because I care about you. You- you're a good-" He sighed at the next word, looking disappointed. "Friend. You're a good friend." 

I nodded, listening. "It's okay Keefe, it's not your fault. Can we just forget this ever happened and go back to normal? Start again?" 

He looks up, brushing the hair out of his eyes. "I'd like that Foster." 

I smiled. "Good. I would too."

He held out a hand. "Come on." He beckoned, standing up. "Let's go." 

I laughed, grabbing his hand. "Where?" 

"You'll see" He grabbed a coat and threw it on, grabbing his keys to his dorm and leading me out the door. I laughed in the process. We got onto the footpath outside campus and started to walk. 

"Keefe I have classes soon!" I laughed. "We need to go back!" I tugged on his hand. 

"Not yet Foster, this'll take a quick second. I promise." He reassured me and I groaned. 

We stopped abruptly, causing me to slam into his back. Jeez he had nice back muscles. 

"Here we are, Foster." He announced our destination, I looked up to see a small cute, icecream store. I grinned.