Chapter 5 I We *Verbally* Bash Fitz

The only capturing word to describe Keefe Sencen was elation. Elation that made me feel so alive, it affected my brain's capacity to think. He radiated an energy that made my heart skip ten beats per second. As I sank into my bed the fateful night of the party all I could think about was him, and his name.

And it wasn't like I was romantically interested in him. I mean, he was cute, funny, smart and all but the elation he made me feel was something which originated from a feeling of platonic interest. A smile lit up my traitorous face. But I shouldn't feel like I can't smile, it just gives off the impression that I'm interested...I'm totally not.

Not yet at least. A Biana-sounding voice in my head squealed. But as the words repeated, the voice morphed into mine to which I got out of my own head and slapped myself with the pillow.

"Stupid Sophie. Don't do this." I murmured.

A girl walked in the door and looked over to me, I instantly recognised her, it was Linh. Unable to stop thinking about Keefe and my "hanging out" tomorrow I mumbled a half aware greeting.

Linh flicked on the lights letting golden light flood the room. I winced from the sudden brightness

"What are you a secret vampire?" She teased her tone kept light. Her eyes narrowed and a sly grin spread on her face. "What are you smiling about?" She questioned.

Keefe's fricking cute face wouldn't leave my head. "Nothing." I turned my head away so she wouldn't see my blush creeping onto my face. Linh came over and bounced onto my bed.

"Sophie..."

"It's all good. I just had...a nice time tonight, I never thought that was possible at parties with drunk teens, streamers flying everywhere and shirtless frat boys playing beer pong." I said deadpan, trying to change the subject.

"Wow Sophie. You're a party girl now." She winked. And Biana chose that exact moment to walk in the door.

"Sophhhh" She slurred her words. "You are soo cute...you."

"Biana, stop, get some water, get ready to go to sleep." I ordered.

"You and um...Mr Funkyhair...are soooo cute." She giggled.

"Whose Mr Funkyhair?" Linh questioned and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't even know." I blatantly lied. I knew Biana was talking about Keefe, mainly because he did have good hair.

"His-his name is Kee-Funkyhair!" She laughed uncontrollably. Drunk Biana was another species of drunk women. She said anything that come to her mind and had a strange habit of climbing on tables and doing the macarena while hopping on one foot.

"Kee?" Linh repeated.

"Keegan!" I exclaimed before Linh could ponder more "You know th-the guy in- you know!"

"I really do not, but I trust you more than her." She gestured to Biana who was climbing up on the unstable table getting ready to start the macarena.

"I'm glad." I smiled.

"Let's just get her off the table before she starts to wobble." Linh observed.

"Yes...let's" I said holding out a hand to Biana.

"NO I WANNA DANCE" She whined and stamped her foot which made the table tilt forward where she gracefully fell into our extended arms. "Thanks, guysss" She regained her posture and started humming a tune.

Linh and I just laughed.

 ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

The next day, I had gotten up with a purpose, I had a dat- hang out.

I had applied some light make up to my face and picked out a blue dress that came down to just above my knee, it was tighter than most dresses I owned and had two thin straps crossed over around my neck. 

The dress was made out of the softest fabric. 

I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and put some sunglasses on my head. I grabbed my phone and lip-gloss and chucked on some brown sandals before sprinting out of the room.

Before Biana and Linh could question where I was going.

I had a class at 10:00 but right now it was...I checked my phone 8:14.

An alert vibrated my phone and I looked to see it was an unknown number.

hey foster :)

just wanted to check...we still on for this morning?

I quickly typed out a response.

definitely, I'm heading over now.

see u soon! :)

see u soon then ;)

I felt myself smile.

I soon arrived at the coffee shop to find Keefe waiting on one of the tables at the front. I sat down.

"Still sticking to pancakes over waffles?" He teased.

"Yes. As a matter of face. I am." I then ordered pancakes.

He ordered pancakes too.

"So tell me everything there is to know about Lovely Lady F." He asked.

I giggled at the nickname. "What do you want to know?"

"Anything."

"My favourite colour is red."

"OOhhh yes the juicy stuff. Mine is blue. I love the beach and blue reminds me of it."

"I love the beach too. But I hate the sand."

"Fair." He pointed out. "Now tell me the juicy stuff about Fitz. What were his most embarrassing moments so I can torture him?"

I laughed at one particular memory. "Once, he fell into the rubbish bin because he was walking backwards while talking and some people got it on video and it was viral for 3 months at least."

"No way." Keefe was shocked. "How did I not see it?!"

"It was everywhere, like Tiktok, Instagram...you name it that video was everywhere."

"Damn it." Keefe muttered. "What else? What about Biana?"

"OH! OH! Yesterday night, she was so drunk she was standing on the table dancing and nearly fell off."

"Oh what I would've done to get a video of that." He laughed.

"What about you? Have any stories of them?" I asked.

"OH definitely. Once I caught Fitz writing fanfictions about himself! And like weirdly romantic too. And once he tried to take a picture of a girl he liked to send it to me cause we didn't go to the same school and he had the flash on and she beat him up!" He laughed and I joined in.

After we had gotten our food and devoured it, he said.

"Wanna go for a walk?"

I nodded "That does seem to be our thing."

And we set off down the path chatting about everything and anything.

A/N: I'M BACKKKKKKK