Chapter 10 I Normalites

A/N: I'm so sorry guys! I was planning to update every week but I'm on holiday since I live in Australia and went to Port Macquarie so I couldn't write a chappie this week here it is late but it finally feels like the plot is speeding up.

post a/n: meant to finish this weeks ago ALSO IM GOING TO TAYLOR SWIFT BIATCHS ON FRIDAY IN SYDNEY YESSSSSSSS, manifesting rep tv currently.

trigger warning: talk of death 

Running away from where I'm from. 

Never can stay with no one. Loving you almost feels like something....

- sza, travis scott, sos, open arms

FITZ VACKER

After Sophie left the physician's office I sat on the cot....thinking. I tended to do that often. And not even concentrate on thinking as one thought led to another thinking....honestly, it felt like my brain was going in multiple directions at once. I looked down at my phone to find that my dad had called me 5 times. I simply shut it off. I couldn't deal with this anymore.

I just texted. 

Bad service. Call later.

Which meant I was not calling back. It's not like I was having severe problems with my dad, but sometimes it felt like when I wasn't thinking about him or his expectations a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders, and for a temporary existence it felt nice to be so carefree. I sighed through my nose wiping the hair away from my eyes and stood up to leave. I had tons of notifications from my friends from after the party. Some from Biana, wanting to assess Sophie's condition, some with Linh, which I couldn't bear to look at, based on what I had overheard last night about Wylie. Then some missed calls from Keefe. I tightened my fists. That asshole was on such thin ice. 

How dare he just pick up and leave like that? I knew he had problems with alcohol but I didn't know he would just leave me to carry Sophie to the physician's office by myself while Biana and Linh went to get her overnight stuff. I tried to calm myself down.

It just really hurt me to see Sophie so hopefully looking for him despite her protests that she hated him. 

Sophie is like Biana. They're both like my sisters I practically grew up around them. Before we moved away anyway. Our parents in addition to being neighbors also worked in close quarters in terms of their work. They did some stuff for the city council.  Minus my brother Alvar who had gone off to College, Biana, Sophie, and I were inseparable and we went to the same high school. And now it kind of felt like the world was closing in on me. Since we were all grown up now. 

I stood up and navigated my way back to my room knowing Keefe would be off drunk and passed out somewhere on campus and to be honest, he deserved it. I unlocked the door reaching out to clutch the handle, to find our room trashed. Keefe's side of the room was destroyed. His posters were ripped down his bedsheets were everywhere and the lamp was smashed on the floor. I sighed and bent down to find a dustpan and broom to sweep up the broken remains. Once that was done, I reluctantly made his bed and stacked his posters, I hated that I always had to clean up his messes and not just literally.

I settled down to write some notes from my classes and a thought was still nagging in the back of my brain. The fact that Keefe couldn't even confront his problems was annoying me. I rubbed my hair and stood up hastily and made my way outside. I needed to find Keefe. Before I changed my mind. I searched for a few hours before I found him, hanging out in a lecture hall. Just lying in the middle of the stage. I scoffed and raced down the stairs.