Chapter 1

Chapter 1

MC's POV
Is my life really worth living? I can't see any future where I am happy, I was supposed to be spending my life with Jake but instead he got taken away from me. My heart still feels like it's been shattered into a million pieces. I feel like I can't breathe. I reach for the bottle of vodka. It burns my throat as it slips down. I keep drinking until I can't feel anything anymore. After drinking half the bottle I put it down on the table and I find my hand reaching for my phone. Opening up an old chat history reading the last words that were sent. "I love you MC" "I love you to Jake" tears start to stream down my face and my hands shake uncontrollably. How am I supposed to live in a world where Jake is gone? I love him so much my heart aches for him. I don't even know what he looks like all I know is that he has jet black hair and ocean blue eyes.

We were supposed to be in duskwood together after Hannah had been saved, that all changed when Richy set fire to the mine and it exploded. I haven't spoken to the others in over a year now I just can't bring myself to talk to them. It's all Richy's fault he took Jake away from me. He's the one that destroyed everything. I hate him so much yet I miss him and his stupid jokes that always made me laugh. Lilly has tried to reach out a couple times but I just ignored her messages Dan has been trying to reach me everyday for the past year. I would have thought he would give up but he keeps trying. My mind wanders back to Jake anger starts to take over and I throw my phone across the room.

I pick up the half empty vodka bottle and down the rest of the bottle, it burns as it slips down my throat. Smashing the bottle after I finish it I go to grab the last bottle I have from the cupboard. Unscrewing the cap, throwing it on the floor, I walk towards the bathroom and open the bathroom cabinet. Taking out a bottle of pills I don't even look at what kind they are. I just know I have to end this pain once and for all. If Jake is not in this world with me then I want to join him in death.

Before I have a chance to take the pills my phone vibrates on the floor, picking it up to see who it is Dan has left yet another message. Begging me to answer the phone, throwing the phone back down on the floor I empty all the remaining pills into my hand. Putting every last one into my mouth I swallow them with the help of my vodka bottle. I feel the room starting to spin falling to the floor. I can feel death taking over my body soon I will be with Jake. Sat with my back against the wall, the room still spinning my vision starting to fade. I can just make out a figure standing in front of me shouting my name.

I don't really remember much after that when my eyes start to open and my vision is still blurry. I can see a figure sitting next to me. "MC!! Your awake, doctor she's awake please come quickly" I know I recognise the voice but my brain won't give anything away. I feel myself starting to slip into a deep sleep hoping that when I awaken I will know who saved me from death. I start to feel my dreams take over this time I do not fight them I just let them take over.

MC's dream
"Good morning beautiful, how did you sleep" Jake looked at MC with a soft smile "I love waking up to you" MC cupped Jake's face and softly kissed him on the lips. "So what do you want to do today?" Jake softly strokes MCs hair as she lay on his smooth chest. "I know what I'd like to do" MC looked up at Jake with soft kisses placed on his chest. Jake let out a soft moan as he let MC take over every sence in his body.

MC could feel Jake kissing her neck when she opened her eyes as he was spinning her around. "I love you Mrs Dunfort" "I love you to Mr Dunfort" MC wrapped her arms around Jake and let him take her away. She was so content being in his arms she knew it's where she wanted to spend the rest of her life. Then all of a sudden Jake started to slip away MC trying desperately to hand on to Jake's hand but he just slipped away.

MC's eyes darted over bolting her body up "Jake!! Jake where are you, please come back to me" tears falling from her eyes. The tears making her vision blurry she felt someone put their arms around her holding her close. MC managed to look up and saw who it was holding her "Dan? Is that you" tears still falling from her eyes "yes boo it's me I got to you just in time" MC looked at Dan rather confused "what happened?."

"When I couldn't get hold of you I drove the 8 hours to your apartment, Lilly and Jessy came with me. When we found you on the floor Jessy called an ambulance. We did what the paramedic said on the phone until the ambulance arrived. It was touch and go for awhile but you came back to us"

"W-where's Jessy and Lilly now?" "They have just gone to get some coffee, they should be back any moment. How are you feeling?"

"I don't know, everything is so mixed up I couldn't see any other way out. All I felt was darkness taking over me. I needed to be with Jake I miss him so much it's hurting me"

"We are all here for you boo, I'm sorry that we didn't come to you sooner, I want to make up for that now. You are coming back to duskwood with us and I don't want to hear any arguments over it' MC locked eyes with Dan and she knew he meant every last word. Dan gave MC a hug and as he sat back down the door burst open a redhead came charging towards MC wrapping her arms tightly around her. "Omg MC I was so worried, I'm so sorry I didn't reach out sooner" Jessy still holding on to MC as she let go MC saw tears rolling down the redheads cheeks. *I'm so glad you're okay MC, we have been so worried about you" the blonde sat down next to Dan handing him a coffee and putting the other two down on the table.