Picnic

"Hey could you set up the blanket for me?" Mari asked, "I need to go make sure Sunny's up."

"Alright! I'll get right on that," Hero grabbed the blanket from the picnic basket. Recently Mari started to make lunch for everyone on weekends just for fun. As she was waking home she ran into Basil.

"Oh! Good morning Basil!"

"Hi Mari!" Basil said with a smile.

"Sunny's not with you, is he?"

"I'm afraid not. Didn't Aubrey stay over with you last night?" He said, tilting his head in curiosity. "I'm sure she'll get him up."

"Yeah she did. You never know with those two though. I'll head back with you to the hide out, give them a bit more time."

As they walked back they heard Kel and Hero Bickering.

"HELP! HEROO! I GOT MY BALL STUCK ON THE HOOP!!!"

"Damnit Kel! How do you expect me to get it!"

"Oh! What's up Basil! Where's Sunny??"

"Kel! Get over here! Leave the ball- O-oh? Hey Mari, sorry about that. Did you get Sunny?

"No I'm gonna give him until we are done setting up."

Kel ran back to the hide out to join Mari, Basil, and Hero.

"What did you bring, Mari?" Kel asked as he reached into the basket. Mari swiftly pushed his hand away.

"It's a surprise! I'll let you see once Sunny and Aubrey get here."

Shortly after saying that, in came Aubrey with Sunny following right behind.

"Well speak of the devil! Here they are!" Mari said enthusiasticly. She reached into the picnic basket and grabbed out a couple sandwiches, a salad, some cut up fruit, and some paper plates. "Now for the big reveal!" She grabbed out a big plate of her famous cookies wrapped in plastic wrap.

"OMG MARI! LET ME HAVE SOME!" Kel exclaimed.

"Not until you eat some actual food Kel." Hero told while giving Kel a small side eye.

~Basil~

Sunny walked over and sat right by me, yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"Did you not get much sleep?"

"Yeah, nightmares." He said monotonely, Laying his head in my lap. I looked down and gave him a small smile.

"Hey Basil! You want some cookies?!" Kel shouted, "Mari made a big batch!"

"I'm alright for now Kel. Thanks for the offer!" I shouted back over to him.

I looked down at Sunny. He was already fast asleep. 'He's so adorable, like a little cat' I thought to myself. I smiled and grabbed a book I had brought. After a while Mari started to clean up the picnic.

"Hey Basil. Can you go throw that trash away for me, I'd tell Hero to do it but he and Kel already left."

"Yup! Give me one second." I put my book down beside me and gently shook Sunny to wake him up. He groaned and rubbed his eyes before sitting up. "Hey. We've got to help Mari pack up." I whispered softly to him. He nodded his head and walked over to Mari, giving her a hug.

"Bye guys! I gotta go! Kim wanted to meet up and I told her I would be there at around noon!" Aubrey said as she walked away waving.

"Bye Aubreyy!!" Mari and I shouted.

Sunny looked over at her and smiled as he waved. His smile always made me feel nice, it makes me happy when he's happy.  He looked over at me and I quickly broke eye contact and grabbed the pile of plates and napkins to throw them away.

When I got back I saw Sunny stop whispering something in Mari's ear. Mari looked over at me with a smug look.

'I wonder what they where taking about? Was it about me? They did stop talking about whatever when I came back. Calm down Basil, I bet it's nothing, just inconvenient timing. Yeah! that's it!'

My train of thought got stopped by Mari saying, "And we are all done!"

"I'm gonna go home, you coming Sunny or are you staying with Basil. If the latter then just let me know when you are coming home"

"I'll probably stay with Basil." He said while yawning.

"Alright, be back by dark. If you want to stay overnight then you know the house number, call and let mom and dad know."

"I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Hello! Author here! This is only my second fanfic but i have a written out plan for it this time so hopefully it is better than the last one. It will have some angst and some triggering topics but i will not only underline the sections with said topics but i will also put a warning at the begining of the chapters! But dont worry! it wont be all angst, it will also have plenty of fluff mixed in! Earlier this year i had made my own redesigns of the characters and put my headcanons for them on the papers so im gonna try adding those in here. You probably saw the one where aubrey stays over at sunny and mari's often. If you want me to do a character page for all of them i gladly will!!~

~I hope you enjoy the story!!~