Sleepover (pt.2)

~Sunny~

I shot up from my sleep in a panic. I had the same nightmare as the night before. I don't know why it keeps happening, it's been like this for weeks now. I looked over to see if Basil was asleep. Luckily he was, I didn't want to wake him up with my pointless panic. I tried to quietly crawl around him and go check the time. It was about 2:30am and I didn't think I had any luck of falling back asleep any time soon so I went and sat on the couch and turned on a random movie that was playing on television.

About 30 minutes into the movie I heard somebody moving in the back hallway. I shot my head towards the door almost as if I was expecting a big monster with one eye and long hair like tendrils to come walking out but it was just Basil very sleepily walking to get a glass of water. I turned back to the tv and heard him say something.

"That's where you went," He said between yawns, "I looked over and you weren't there, I thought you left or something."

I simply apologized and went back to watching the movie. Basil stumbled over to me with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders and a glass of water in his hand. He climbed onto the couch next to me and rested his head on the back of the couch facing me.

"Nightmares again?" He said very quietly.

"Yeah. The same one as last night."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"It's hard to explain it and rationalize it with words because it feels too real. For some reason I'm arguing with Mari because I don't want to play violin anymore. Which I guess I've had my days where I debate whether or not to keep playing but I would never really argue with her about it. And the fight just escalates and escalates until I break my violin, and then you show up and try to get both of us to clam down but it just makes me more mad until eventually I push her... and she falls, and falls, and falls, and I walk down the stairs and that's when I wake up."

I looked back at him and his face bent and twisted and warped in front of me, like he was forming into the darkness of the night. I could feel my chest tense up and my breathing become sporadic and short. My head started to spin and my vision became burry. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see who or what it was and it was just Basil. Seeing his face made me start coming back to my senses. He was saying something but I couldn't hear him. Slowly his voice became louder.

"Hey, are you alright?? What was that? You just started spacing out and breathing really heavy. It's alright, you are still here, on my couch, watching a movie. Deep breaths."

Slowly my brain unfogged more and more and I responded to him. "I'm alright now. I'm sorry. I don't know why I keep letting that dream affect me so much. I know its not real but it feels so so realistic." 

"It's alright. We can head back into my room and head back to sleep, it is still super early in the morning, the sun's not even up. I have a radio, you can pick which station to play to try and help you sleep."

Basil stood up and put his hand out for me to grab and we walked back to his room, both of our shoulders wrapped in the blanket. I put on a classical station on a very low volume. It didn't take long for us to fall back asleep. I didn't wake up any more that night, which was a first since this nightmare started occurring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~This chapter is much shorter than the last one but i promise the next one will be longer!~

(Sorry this is so late btw I don't have any more pre-written chapters atm so I will work on writting them over the weekend 💪)

~Hope you enjoyeddddddd!!!!!!!!~