Planning (pt.2)

~Mari~

Once we got to Basil's house Aubrey raced me to the door and rang the bell. In the short bit it took for somebody to answer the door she turned around with a sneaky look on her face. 

"I'm gonna scare them so bad once we get inside! Oh! It's gonna be hilarious!!" She shouted through laughs. Shortly after, Polly came to the door, which was perfect since we needed to talk to her about Sunny's birthday. 

"Well hello you two! Don't be shy, come in! I'm just making breakfast. The boys are still back in Basil's room." She said pointing inside. Aubrey pushed her way past and rushed to the back room. After I walked in Polly went back to finishing up breakfast. Then brought it over to the dining table. 

"Soo- This morning Kel and Hero came over with an idea for Sunny's birthday!" I said just barely loud enough for her to hear me across the table so I didn't spoil the surprise for the birthday boy, " Well we were thinking to have a sleepover after the initial party and are wondering if we could possibly host it over here? Since my parents are out of town for the next couple weeks and Kel's baby sister being around here seemed like the best place to hold it." 

"Why that sounds like a great idea. You kids are responsible enough, I'm going to be out for that weekend sadly because of some family business but if you and Hero promise to keep the others in line I don't see a problem with it!" She said with a smile. Our conversation was cut off by a loud "AWWWWWWW!" from Aubrey. She then ran out to the living room laughing. 

"MARI! *laugh* OMG!  *laugh* YOU GOTTA SEE THIS! *laugh* YOU SHOULDA SEEN IT!!" She was almost out of breath as she sat down in the chair next to me at the table. Very quickly and urgently burst out Basil. 

"S-Shut up Aubrey! You didn't see anything!!" His hair was still messy, I'm assuming he just woke up. Seeing them bicker made me let out a little giggle. Polly then turned around and scolded Basil a bit about how he needs to keep his voice down in the house. He grumpily turned around and went back to his room to get ready. 

"What was that all about?" I asked slightly befuddled by the interaction. 

"I'll explain it at the picnic!" She was still calming down from her hysterical laughter, "I gotta go before Basil kicks my ass!" She shot up and ran out the door waving to everybody.

"Well, I'll get out of your hair as soon as Sunny is out here-" Polly cut me off before I could finish.

"Oh don't worry darling, if you wanna go and get that crazy girl or get the picnic ready for later you can go ahead, I'll be sure Sunny gets up and out the door before it starts." she said, lifting a plate towards me to offer some breakfast. 

I shook my head to say no thank you . "I don't want to trouble you at all, are you sure it's alright?" I said shyly.

"Of course hun! Any time. You all are welcome here whenever you want, our home is your home as well." She said as she went to pick up the kitchen. 

"Thank you so much. I'll be headed out now then, I want to try and get everybody to the park by noon if that's alright." I started heading to the door and got my shoes on. 

"I'll be sure to get them there! I hope you have a good day Mari! By the way Sunny was a delight to have over, I'm sure Basil will enjoy having you all stay over here for Sunny's party." She waved behind her as I walked out the door and headed back to my house to get the picnic ready. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry again for the shorter chapter. I am trying to make the chapters longer but i feel like i keep getting to a spot where i feel like it should end and my brain wants to get to the next chapter lol. 

I hope you are enjoying the more Mari POVs it will be switching back to sunny and basil soon so dont worry, the boys will be back (it will probably be more of basil for a bit before heading to sunny but we will see as it goes) 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!