Sleepover (pt.1)

~Basil~

Sunny came back into the room and paused for a second at the doorway. He gave a small smile before getting in the blanket fort. The inside had a small lantern light in the center with a bunch of pillows all around the walls, and many different blankets put up like a tent. 

"Oh, you're all done!" I said as I crawled out of the entrance. 

"Yeah, they said I can stay." He said as he crouched down and crawled into the fort.

I got out and went to grab the book he had picked a while ago that was still sitting on my bed. When I went back in, I saw sunny laying down on his back, hands linked on top of his stomach. 

"Do you have any white christmas lights?" 

"Let me go check." I placed the book down and walked out to the living room to ask Polly, who was watching a cooking show on tv. "Hey Polly, do you know if we have any white christmas lights I could use?"

"If we do have any, they would be in the closet next to your grandmothers old room." She said, looking towards the hallway.

"Ok! Thank you!" I walked to the closet, and like she said, they were right there. I brought them back into my room and showed them to Sunny. "Got them!! What did you need them for?"

"You will see."

"Oh? It's a surprise, is it? I'll go make us some drinks, What do you want? We have water, tea, hot chocolate, and milk."

"I'll take some tea."

It took me about 15 or so minutes to finish boiling the water and to let the tea cool off a bit before taking them back into my room. Once I got there I saw that Sunny had hung up the christmas lights around the top of the fort in a zig-zag pattern. It was very aesthetically pleasing to look at. 

"Tea is done, I didn't know if you wanted sugar or not so I only put in a little bit." It seemed like he was already reading the comic and just reached over a hand to grab his mug. He was super invested in the story, his facial expression would change every once in a while from happy to sad to shocked, and all in between. Eventually he fell asleep while reading and I went to place a blanket over him and put his book and mug away. He would always look so peaceful while he was sleeping, his whole body relaxed and his hair gently falling over his face. I sat down next to him and gently brushed his hair from his face because it was seeming to bother him. He moved a bit so I jumped back quickly, my face reddening. 'I need to be more careful' 

After what felt like 10 minutes I laid down as well and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

~Mari~

Aubrey stayed over at our house again, which isn't an uncommon occurrence. "Soooo~ How are things with Kim and them?"

"It was good."

"Anything new or fun happen?"

"Not really? Why?"

"Oh, I don't know. You just don't hang out with us as often and I want to know what's going on in my little Aubrey's life."

"Ok fine. I think I might like Kim and I don't know what to do because we are super good friends and I don't wanna ruin that but also it is so difficult to hide it and I'm probably just super obvious and oblivious to myself and she probably already knowssssss" Aubrey was rambling on so i tried to rest her mind and cut her off.  

"Oh wow! That's a big issue isn't it, both of my siblings are having love problems aren't they?" I said slyly.

"Wait... BOTH?!"

"Sunny was telling me he had a crush on somebody earlier today and was too scared to tell them as well."

"Who?? Who does he like?"

"He told me I can't tell anyone because its embarrassing but I bet you can guess."

Aubrey sat there and thought for a moment, adjusting the way she was sitting. Eventually she flopped back and exclaimed "UHHGGG! I give up."

"Try and pay attention to him at the picnic tomorrow." I said winking at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Author here again!! I hope you are enjoying! This is gonna have a part 2 chapter because i have lots of ideas for this chapter and i dont want it to be like 2000 words while all the other chapters are only like 800, but as usual the next chapter will be out next week! I hope you are enjoying the storyyyy!!!!!~