Hangout

~Basil~

Sunny is more quite than normal as we walk. I mean he usually is very quiet but he usually talks much more with me.

"So, what was the nightmare about?" I asked to try and break the silence.

"I don't really wanna talk about it. It was about Mari, and you." Sunny said.

"Hey, on the bright side it was just a nightmare, it won't actually happen."

"What do you want to do?" 

He was obviously trying to change the subject so I went along with it. I wasn't really thinking about what to do once we got to my house so I didn't know what to say. I paused for a while, thinking, "We could read a book! I got a new one recently from Polly! Or we could play on my nintendo?"

"Hmmm..." He took a long pause to think, "We should play nintendo first, then read one of the books."

"Oh? Alright!"

The rest of the walk was pretty silent other than the occasional sorry from me bumping into Sunny. Once we got to my house Polly was in the middle of cleaning up the kitchen. ' She must have just made herself some breakfast'

"Welcome home Basil! Oh? Sunny, I didn't realize you were coming by?" She said in her usual cheery tone. 

"Sorry Polly, we just finished our picnic and I didn't want to head home quite yet." He said awkwardly. 

"Oh don't be sorry hun, you are always welcome here. A friend of Basil is a friend of mine. You are welcome to stay as long as you like, just make sure you call your parents and let them know if you wanna stay overnight, alright?"

"Will do."

After that we head to my room and grab the game we wanna play. Sunny chose space invader. We went to the living room and played for hours. Sunny would pick up his controller and slam it back into his lap every time he died, it made me giggle. Eventually Polly came over and made us some lunch. It was just some pb&j's with some cut-up watermelon, but we both thanked her and ate our food. Once we finished cleaning up our plates I had to go water my plants. 

Every few plants we went by Sunny would ask about it, like what they mean and who I feel like they remind me of. "This ones a white tulip, I don't quite remember the meaning but it is simple yet still beautiful. In some way it reminds me of you Sunny." I quickly realized what that could have meant. "I mean how like you don't say much and people could think you are boring or whatever but in reality once they look closer and get to know you they realize how wonderful it is to have you around... heheh." That was so frantic that it probably put me in more of a hole but it made Sunny giggle a bit. It wasn't often that you heard Sunny laugh but when he did it was always genuine.

"Thank you Basil, I'm glad you don't think I'm boring," He said still laughing a bit into his hand.

I could feel my face heat up again, and I quickly turned my face away. "You know what I meant." I said in a jokingly mean tone.

It took us about an hour or so to finish up with the plants. "So, do you wanna go pick out what book to read?"

He nodded his head and we went back to my room to scour the bookshelf. He picked out one of the few comic books I had and we placed it on my bed. Before we began reading we just sat on my floor and talked, not about anything really important or specific, we just kinda let the conversation flow. It always felt relaxing when we would talk like this. I love the sound of his voice every time he would talk and this was one of the few times where he would let his walls down and talk to his heart's desire. At some points his face would light up and he would almost act out what he was saying with his arms. It was childish, yes, but very charming. About 7 o'clock rolled around and Polly knocked on the door. 

"Boys, what would you like for dinner? I know Sunny is pretty picky with what he can eat so I wanted to ask before cooking." She was always very considerate of him whenever he was over.

"I'm not very hungry right now, thank you very much though." Sunny said very quietly, almost as if he didn't want her to hear him.

"Alright darling, you know you can get food whenever you would like! You Basil?"

"I'll probably just get some leftovers later. Thank you Polly!"

Polly coming by pretty much finished our conversation. "You should head home, its pretty late right now, it'll be dark soon." I said a little upset that time had gone by so fast. 

"Is it alright with you if I stay over? We never got to reading that book."

"Of course! Just go call your parents, Polly told you you could stay, as long as you let them know"

While Sunny was on the phone I set up a blanket fort in my room like we used to do when we had group sleepovers at Sunny's. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Hi again! Sorry for the slight cliff hanger, im writing this very late at night and i need to sleep lol. I hope you all are enjoying so far! i am up to suggestions for the next chapters to come, whether its about what you want them to do at the sleep over or if its characters you wanna see show up later on! But for now, so long! i will see you next week!~

Sorry this upload is so late, I forgot to post (I need to set an alarm or something lol)