02. RUNNING AWAY!

.....................................................
Previously before she entered
the Shatter Me world:
......................................

-"Lucas?!" I say surprised not expecting him here. At this hour too.

He chuckles a little. "Angel, Luke, call me Luke. And just open this window man it's freezing outside." He lies, obviously it's not freezing.

I roll my eyes as I chuckle a little and I open the window slowly without making any noise. My father can't know a boy is in my room. Trouble.

"So what brings you here? Did Amy needed my homework?" I say as I play with my fingers nervously looking everywhere but his eyes.

He chuckles and walks closer to me making sure he doesn't make any noice from his steps.

"Homework? You think I'd visit you at this hour for homework?" I clear my throat nervous by his sudden words and raise an eyebrow as in "then why are you here?".

He sighs and cups my face gently while trailing his thumb on my lips as he looks at my eyes then his eyes shift to my lips and then my eyes again.

My heart is beating so fast that I know for a fact he can hear it as well. He's smiling at me, a little smile crosses his face.

I don't know what he's gonna do but this gentle caressment is giving me a bit of flickering in my stomach, tickle due to nervousness and I can't help it but wonder: Will he confess to me?

Will he kiss me?

He lets a small sigh and puts my hair behind my ear and his next words surprise me; "How are you? Are you okay?"

Are you okay? No one but my brother asked me this question.

How are you? Mentally or physically?

How are you?

Are you okay?

How should one answer this question?

Perhaps as usual. Lie.

"I'm doing okay, thanks for asking." I say as I look on the floor furrowing my eyebrows and he gently lifts my head up so I can look at him.

He touches my left ear so gently rubbing his thumb on it and sees the red scar. I think he is mad. "Did he do this to you?" Of course he is mad. I can tell from that tone. And his little frown.

I don't dare to say a word....all I do is nod slowly and I hear him sigh angrily....

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

.......................
Present Day
......................

-This is getting ridiculous.
I've been in this medical room or whatever it is for five hours straight and no one came to check up on me- actually no , that nurse came once to give me an injection and another time she brought me food but I'm not eating that.
I want to get out of this place. I feel like I'm in a mental hospital and I don't remember half of the things.

the door opens.

"Hello querida, how are you feeling? Any pain or?" The handsome doctor said.

I sigh "Well I don't have any pain but for how long do I need to stay here? I'm bored."

He chuckles and leans closer to my bed. "You need to be patient querida. I'm sure sir Warner will- uhm" He takes a second to respond. "Will let you free...uhm let's check you." His voice sounds nervous when he says "let you free" it almost sounds like this Blondie guy isn't letting me go at any time soon...